Gonzalo00
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone actually drive in to work today? I sincerely hope not

lol why?

Unless you work for a school or for the state... life goes on. Most businesses will probably close this afternoon but I don't see anything in the next 6 hours that makes me think everyone should be off the roads.

I wonder how much the rapidly weakening convection E of HSE will have an effect on this storm...that's prob a good thing.

Will--can you expand on that? Dying convection allowing the system to linger west longer? I know I'm just grasping. But educates as well. Is your comment similar to ryan's about the warming cloy tops? Thx.

lol why?

Unless you work for a school or for the state... life goes on. Most businesses will probably close this afternoon but I don't see anything in the next 6 hours that makes me think everyone should be off the roads.

You want to have massive problems? Have folks drive home from work this afternoon when we're ripping 1-3 per hour..Hopefully folks heeded warnings. I think Malloy will shut rds down at 6:00pm tonight

EC ens QPF was close to the op for the most part, but they are well east of the 12z ens. IOW, it doesn't affect most of us...yet. It's more of an issue for NY/NJ/PA.

1.00" EPO-BML-DDH

1.50" PWM-CON-EEN-SWF

2.00" BVY-ORH-BDR

As for the NNE gradient...0.50" tickles NW VT.

Will--can you expand on that? Dying convection allowing the system to linger west longer? I know I'm just grasping. But educates as well. Is your comment similar to ryan's about the warming cloy tops? Thx.

Less convection out east of the low will lessen the chance it robs the system of advection processes...so in short, yes, it means a better chance of the storm not escaping out east.

I doubt you'll see S+ mainly light snow with a bit heavier burst at the onset. 

Everyone will report heavy snow when their vis drops to 3/4 mile, lol.

But yeah, this looks like a steady light to a moderate snow for this morning and midday then ramping up. The real stuff is later on.

Archived