joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see everything coming into a good consensus. Euro moved east at 00z... GFS moved west at 12z. Truth is somewhere inbetween.

The trend today as been a track outside of the BM and a later capture/stall east of ACK as opposed to south of MVY. That puts the jackpot zone from CT (which was unlikely from the get go) to E Mass with the 24"+ potential. 

I like Foxborough to Taunton for the super weenie totals. 

Tobin would be full of westerners if the GFS qpf verified after seeing all this prolific qpf totals from the other models

Yeah 6" in the valley in western mass on the gfs...yikes. I get how it moved west slightly but it barely budged. The EC did move east but that barely budged and has been consistent. I would still go with a 20-28" forecast here, I honestly don't think we get less than 20".

Nice to see everything coming into a good consensus. Euro moved east at 00z... GFS moved west at 12z. Truth is somewhere inbetween.

The trend today as been a track outside of the BM and a later capture/stall east of ACK as opposed to south of MVY. That puts the jackpot zone from CT (which was unlikely from the get go) to E Mass with the 24"+ potential. 

We'll have to watch central MA down to E CT like where Ginx is for a death band later on tonight. Where the storm starts to slow down and the MLs go nuts is a pretty prime spot for C MA and down to E CT...the "God's Country" Death band so to speak as many have started to call it.

We'll have to watch central MA down to E CT like where Ginx is for a death band later on tonight. Where the storm starts to slow down and the MLs go nuts is a pretty prime spot for C MA and down to E CT...the "God's Country" Death band so to speak as many have started to call it.

Yeah agreed...11pm-4am tonight will probably be the best 5 hours of my life so far...at least weather wise lol.

I wonder if the death band that was shown over GC actually ends up from Sprinfield down to Ryan on east?

I doubt it's that far west but could be in E CT. We'll see. Funky mesoscale banding can always do weird things. 

I do think, however, that the stall east of ACK puts the super weenie totals about 100 miles east of here. Could still pop a 2 ft total out with a huge amount of mesoscale luck.

I wonder if the death band that was shown over GC actually ends up from Sprinfield down to Ryan on east?

Someone is gonig to be sitting under that death band for a solid 4-6 hours or so.  The NAM is very impressive with the 700mb VV's looking at plymouth and would suggest an extreme crushing from Boston all the way back through SW CT.  Of course just have to see indeed how close to us the 700mb low tracks.  

Agree with all of that.  It's about the stall too...Euro and NAM are seemingly S/SW of the other guidance that's come out. 

Progressive pattern, I'm in agreement that it occurs east of ACK or even ENE.

That would be a weenie's dream come true!!!! We always lose out here in valley. I want a jackpot one of these times. The storm looks very juicy, just hope the banding comes to fruition here.

Well it looks like everything is trended towards the Euros track, QPF distribution, 7 h 8 h positions. Not that it's a surprise. Sat and radars look great. It's time for this

Enjoy, Steve.  If the distribution is the same as the EC, the big question is how much is going to be distributed.  Looks like it's Ullr's bithday gift to you.  Is today you're birthday?  If so happy happy.  At least the moderate sn and 1/2 here looks pretty.

Archived