northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to go out to bring something to a neighbor a few blocks away. Gone an hour and walked down the middle of a freshly plowed street. Returned and the same street had an additional 4 inches. Not sure wnt I have but this will be the biggest since 1/2005 and probably exceed it.

Had to go out to bring something to a neighbor a few blocks away. Gone an hour and walked down the middle of a freshly plowed street. Returned and the same street had an additional 4 inches. Not sure wnt I have but this will be the biggest since 1/2005 and probably exceed it.

Jerry, I agree. This can be the biggest for Boston since 1978....

WOW.  I dont think Ive ever seen anything like this.  Cant see the house across the street even.  I had 5" at 7PM but cant measure now because the wind has blown everything around.  I will say this,  we may have around 12 now-guessing.  7" in 3 hrs-not bad

Well despite the sleet/graupel the last couple hours...we still managed about 4". Brings storm total to 16"...snow depth with the compaction is around 12.5". No doubt we'd be 20"+ at this point had we not had this awful mixing. Thought we were going back to snow about 30-40 minutes ago...but right back to sleet. Looks like the banding is now setting up to our west, so we may have had our heaviest snow here. Still may be able to push 2 feet though. No doubt there will be some spots in CT close to 3' when all is said and done.

Archived