amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleanup #2 "done"  Thundersnow the whole time I was out there.  Just awesome.  Close to a foot now.

I was wondering about that!!  Thought I saw flashes but heard no thunder while I was out there shoveling.  Tough to hear though with all the wind!!  Very unusual to get high winds around here.  Thought it was closer to 9 inches here.  Thanks for the help, Bob!!!  Enjoy!!!

--Turtle 

Shoot me, stuck right between the two bands, only 5-10 DBZ here wihile 5 miles to my east and 5 to my west is 25+. Still can't loop upton radar, are they moving at all, or am I going to get screwed?

BANDS MOVE ALREADY!!!

-skisheep

sorry, not moving much...and the one by us is starting to shrink a bit.

Just under 4" here.  But down by Monson/Brimfield is the strongest snow band I've ever seen on radar, and it does seem to be slowly working it's way in this direction.  Maybe she'll spread some of that love around.

Looks great on radar. Do you think we'll manage 12'' out of all of this ?

SPECI KBED 090214Z 01016G65KT 1/4SM R11/1800V2200FT FZFG VV002 M07/M07 A2975 RMK AO2 PK WND 03065/0214 P0001 PWINO FZRANO $

Thats gotta be an error. no way KBED gusted to that.. Many ASOS gusts to 60+ last hour though. including PVD

Looks like issues due to the heavy snow.

Archived