Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5.5"

1.5" past hour

22.0/20

You are def getting LL CF enhancement there...while nooses are being tied from ASH to Tyngsboro for the moment. Always right on the other side of the CF, it will be enhanced even if radar doesn't pick it up.

You are def getting LL CF enhancement there...while nooses are being tied from ASH to Tyngsboro for the moment. Always right on the other side of the CF, it will be enhanced even if radar doesn't pick it up.

Serious question, I know it's only 7:30, but am I kinda cooked for anything truly remarkable?

Wish I had a ruler to measure....

You are pathetic.

:snowing:

Just get something stiff that you can mark on, and take something you know the size of (specific sized sheet of paper, etc.), fold the paper in 1/2 and 1/4, and make tick marks on the stiff thing (paper towel roll tube, etc.).  At least you can get estimates.

Up to a little over 7" here, probably 7.2". SN, winds really ripping now, just went out to measure and clear the car and it's blowing pretty good out there! Radar looks like we take a break from the heavy stuff for a while, but it will be back I'm sure.

EDIT: was looking at an old radar, looks like it should be getting fun here shortly.

-skisheep

Serious question, I know it's only 7:30, but am I kinda cooked for anything truly remarkable?

No, way too early...you will prob rip really well later on aorund 06z....dpending on how hard and how long that occurs will detemrine your fate for 20"+ or just a 15-18" type deal, but def way too early. You might rot in that band later tonight into early tomorrow morning.

You are pathetic.

:snowing:

Just get something stiff that you can mark on, and take something you know the size of (specific sized sheet of paper, etc.), fold the paper in 1/2 and 1/4, and make tick marks on the stiff thing (paper towel roll tube, etc.).  At least you can get estimates.

I found a ruler! But it only goes to 10 inches... Well, I'm going over to Al Roker and will measure there ;P

Archived