joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet or graupel? I'd assume you have some decent convection in there and some heavily rimed flakes/graupel.

Definite sleet...it's pure ice. Like a spring hailstorm. It's crazy! Still some monster sized flakes mixed in. Just ran out for a measurement since this iis probably gonna hurt us a bit. We're at about 12" now.

Definite sleet...it's pure ice. Like a spring hailstorm. It's crazy! Still some monster sized flakes mixed in. Just ran out for a measurement since this iis probably gonna hurt us a bit. We're at about 12" now.

Maybe you're right, but the reports sound a lot like those white styrofoamy snow pellets that you get in wintertime convection.

I am certainly psyched for all the good people getting crushed. Many of them have gone too long without a good event.

But I have been a good boy. Ullr is mad at me for some reason...lol

Don't make me ban you two. There's a progression to these systems. You're not going to be ripping the same time it's just getting into CT and E MA.

Impossible to get good measurement right now. But it's around 8-8.5

Yup, drifts are starting to pile up here, the makeshift snowboard I set up is not faring too well. Might have to just start measuring the driveway and averaging.

Just saw ABC 7 in NYC, they are going 18"+ IMBY, seems agressive but their the mets, I just watch and enjoy!

-skisheep

Archived