12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the radar indicating barely 1 level green up here in Ayer (although the trend is to green us all over with multiple levels...) we are 1/4 mil vis in snow and blowing snow.  I just measured 2.5".   1.25 fell in 1:15, so inch/hr here.   The cold must be contributing...  

It's nasty, with plumes of snow blowing by and the street lamp down to just a pale yellow orb at times.   

Interesting, it's more or less glorified flurries under the level 1 green banding here.

Left AUG at 3 with 6" of fluff on the ground (and saw an 8" report from there since), got home at 4 and found barely an inch, with just a dusting since.  Forecast got bumped up again for my area, to 18-24" from the 11A 12-18".  Having missed the daytime bands completely, I think we'll have trouble reaching the low end of the current forecast.  Would love to be wrong.

Left AUG at 3 with 6" of fluff on the ground (and saw an 8" report from there since), got home at 4 and found barely an inch, with just a dusting since.  Forecast got bumped up again for my area, to 18-24" from the 11A 12-18".  Having missed the daytime bands completely, I think we'll have trouble reaching the low end of the current forecast.  Would love to be wrong.

Models are really driving QPF NE, it's been tough to knock it more to the E. I'm definitely worried about totals up in that area.

Archived