joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Spring Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been wrong all winter. No reason for that to change now.

You couldnt b more wrong. They caught the early jan warmth. They caught this 3wee cold from there jan 14 forecast. So eithr u havent seen them since dec or. Ur just winging it my man.

Mt Holly is not on board yet in their 3:30 update regarding the 8th storm

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.fpus51.KPHI.html

from their AFD

THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE SNOW HATERS (AND BAD NEWS FOR THE SNOW LOVERS) IS THAT THIS IS A PROGRESSIVE TROF, ITS NOT NEGATIVELY TILTED AND COLD AIR IS LACKING. WITH PRECIP MOVG IN OVERNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT, TEMPS WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW VIRTUALLY EVERYWHERE AT THE ONSET. HOWEVER, AS THE LOW APPROACHES, TEMPS WILL WARM AND PRECIP WILL BEGIN TO MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO RAIN FROM SE TO NW. FOR MOST AREAS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE I-95 CORRIDOR SEWD, THIS WILL BE A PREDOMINANTLY RAIN EVENT.

Upton not on board either

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.fpus51.KOKX.html

Mt Holly is not on board yet in their 3:30 update regarding the 8th storm

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.fpus51.KPHI.html

from their AFD

THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE SNOW HATERS (AND BAD NEWS FOR THE SNOW LOVERS) IS THAT THIS IS A PROGRESSIVE TROF, ITS NOT NEGATIVELY TILTED AND COLD AIR IS LACKING. WITH PRECIP MOVG IN OVERNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT, TEMPS WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW VIRTUALLY EVERYWHERE AT THE ONSET. HOWEVER, AS THE LOW APPROACHES, TEMPS WILL WARM AND PRECIP WILL BEGIN TO MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO RAIN FROM SE TO NW. FOR MOST AREAS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE I-95 CORRIDOR SEWD, THIS WILL BE A PREDOMINANTLY RAIN EVENT.

Upton not on board either

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.fpus51.KOKX.html

Im assuming you mean not buying it within the 5 boros?

• Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Friday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

I need to stay out of the Friday thread. Its an emotional disaster!! From the ultimate naysayers jumping on board with every model that shows a non phase or out to sea or powerful primary. Then you have the EURO FREAKS! I will say in their defense the Euro has been great the last 5 years when it comes to blockbuster events especially in the current range (72 out) no need to name them if you haven't been living under a rock. As much as I want to be a EURO FREAK, I have to go with conservative something in between the 2 path. My call to friends and family on LI this afternoon was anywhere from 2-12.

We shall see who wins this war!

..i know we all love to bash TWC..but their 'winter weather update' w/ carl parker was

very informative for us geeks but he made it make sense for the common folk...showed the 

battle going on w/ regard to GFS and the EURO..even discussed the SREFS and how some

show 20-30 inches of snow while some showed much less..v.interesting ..nice job twc!

..i know we all love to bash TWC..but their 'winter weather update' w/ carl parker was

very informative for us geeks but he made it make sense for the common folk...showed the 

battle going on w/ regard to GFS and the EURO..even discussed the SREFS and how some

show 20-30 inches of snow while some showed much less..v.interesting ..nice job twc!

they're usually ok with severe weather, tropical weather, and winter storms... other than that, meh

just this evening, they used the headline "Clobbered by a Clipper" for the midwest, it turns out they got about an inch or so... :lmao:

How is this for one of the great  turn arounds for what`s been one awful winter , We are gona get this one to fall , and a real shot next week on the EC again , and if you start back from Jan 20 - and go to Feb 20 , lets total up the departures from normal at the end and  keep in mind " if " we wind up with back to back EC storms , that would be one the better comebacks i`ve ever seen .

Does the Euro still show a threat next week?

It leaves a piece of energy behind , doesnt phase it like at 12z , but its a Euro bias , the Euro  model likes to keep energy back , Just like you see the GFS having a SE bias . They both have flaws in measurments and timing but in different areas .

I would rather sort FRI out and if that one falls, then look into next week , but the possibilty is there . If we just get Fridays no one will be dissapointed what happens after ........

For Friday's storm:

EURO says to GFS, "Here is the answer to all the riddles." "Here in the wild I have you, a halfling model and a host of forecasting dominance at my command and the blizzard of '13 at my grasp." "Chance for the King Euro, captain of weather modeling to show his quality." lol. :mapsnow:  :snowing:   :snowman:  :thumbsup:  :wub:

http://www.metacafe...._take_the_ring/

welles-Kane-clapping.gif

I think there is less banter in this banter thread then the main discussion threads - no wonder the threads fill up so fast - half of the posts are nonsense posts that contain useless emotional banter.............

You got a big set of balls and selective memory, ill give you credit for that.

Archived