Newest Member
    joxey
Early Spring Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that really bothers you, seek help.

I will say that I got pretty pissed last March when it was in the 80s in Quebec and Ontario and we were stuck in the damn marine layer.

You're being hypocritical. And it doesn't bother me as much as you people think. It's weather for christ sake, get over it.

no...its shown these before but rarer than most winter seasons I'd say. 2 straight runs now showing big storms in long range. It also re-establishes the PV on our side of the globe taking control of the pattern which by then will not only be cold, but hopefully stormy. Who knows if it has the right idea or not.

right or wrong the 12z gfs is as active I've seen it in the long range all season. Storm after storm. Relatively cold too (although we know its cold bias)

HM has been talking about how and why the mid month period will start to have more storms coming in the southern jet stream and how they might interact with the cold air.  He also thinks the early next week storm threat at 240 hrs or so will not go to the Lakes, but will be a snow threat.  I think you can see how the models are starting to see these Pacific systems now and is producing bigger storms.  The 12z EC is also rather interesting looking for that middle of next week threat also, but hard to tell if the cold air will make it here in time, but kind of looks like the big threats the GFS has been producing in the same general range. 

Joe Lundberg

" I would in no way declare winter over, especially if you think snow when you hear the term winter! Remember, my initial thought from before Phil's prediction was that there was going to be a hangover effect of that stratospheric warming effect deep into February, if not into March! So, while I'm liking his forecast of an early spring, I'm not at all going to put my snow shovel away!"

Archived