joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Spring Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 inches there and nothing here . Something is wrong.

Nothing is wrong, just because someone else got snow and you didn't. I know it's hard but try to be less of a :weenie:

Under your theory I should always get more snow than you because I live far enough North and West to avoid the coastal influince on most events, but in reality there are times where you guys get clobbered and I get nothing.

Nothing is wrong, just because someone else got snow and you didn't. I know it's hard but try to be less of a :weenie:

Under your theory I should always get more snow than you because I live far enough North and West to avoid the coastal influince on most events, but in reality there are times where you guys get clobbered and I get nothing.

Ask anyone else if they are frustrated that places to the south are getting snow. I bet you that they will say that they are frustrated. How can you not be frustrated when places down south are seeing more snow than our area.

Believe me, even adults are frustrated about this winter. :lol:

It's one thing to be frustrated about the lack of bigger events. It's the mature thing to do to not whine endlessly about it. It's just a bad stretch. One of the main problems is a nearly non-existint southern stream. When these stronger northern stream S/W come along, we rely on them digging by themselves and the models have been over digging these northern stream short-waves all season. This is leading to big model shifts inside 72 hours.

It would be amazing if NYC finished this season below 10 inches. First back to back below 10 inch seasons since records began. If it were to happen, it's only Feb 1st

February has often featured some major snow storms. As Spring begins in the south you start to get turf wars going between the arctic air still over Canada and the warmer air surging up from the south. This area can often be a good battle-ground.

It sucks that Cape May is seeing more snow than us, but they deserve it. There are many times where we will be all snow and SNJ is all rain. To see Cape May getting a lot of snow doesn't bother me as much unless it was like Raleigh, NC or Atlanta, GA seeing 4" of snow.

If that really bothers you, seek help.

Archived