EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January Pattern and Storm Discussion II

Cold Rain

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro LR anyone? Does it build any ridging in Greenland and keep the PNA?

NAO going + but in the very long range 240+ NAO going neutral (IMO) and ridging building toward greenland if you want to believe the very last hour of the Euro, +PNA kept throughout the run.

vDtNj.gif

12z Euro is cold and colder for this run. +PNA driving the pattern and an east based NAO as Stormsfury stated. Frigid. It does have the look of cold that will pinwheel around a vortex somewhere in eastern Canada. Now, it will be interesting to see if something can work under that ridge out West....or if the northern stream can pull off something. If the cold comes down in chunks as many have mentioned...I think we pull something off. Too much and everything is sent to Cuba. Might even be that KTRi scores on a clipper. Too far out to tell. Things look interesting at least for about a ten day period.

Impressive that Gastonia andCharlotte see about .8 that should be all snow

Guys, the models will change many times between now and then. They might lose the storm, only to bring it back. It could trend warmer or colder. It is still early in the game, but I have to say that I am starting to get a little more interested when someone says 0.8 QPF all snow and inside 5 days...... Now, if we can get this inside 72 hours, I'm all in.

Archived