Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because I took you to the woodshed on this storm isn't grounds for sour grapes frm you. A simple tip of the cap is fine

LOL, and how was that? The stuff in NNE was from a separate vortmax. It was alll mid level stuff, while the snow we got down here was from the low. Enjoy the warm up after this week.

The GEFS try to inv torugh the Maine coast day 4 and a few weenie members try east of the Cape. Perhaps another very low chance deal.

Yeah I mentioned that in the other thread. Might be enough to get some measurable down here, but probably nothing big.

Lol - you guys have this like 2ndary/tertiary hobby that's centered on disappointing Keven and/or just crushing any attempt on his part to see the pattern more in a more optimistic light. Maybe it is a creative way to vent by dumping on someone within the confines of the rules - yeah, I like that, because some of that goes on regardless of the poster. But, Kevin (and the like) bring a bit of it on them selves, too, because sometimes one is left to wonder wtf they are looking at when one reads their statements.

Anyway ... does anyone have strictly the ECMWF ens derived PNA ? I'll keep looking but so far the web is less then very useful for that search - their org may not disseminate them to the public. Though I can't imagine why seeing as their product has been slowly getting suckier over recent times -

Although torch December, it was very wet and look how we did with snow, especially the interior. Precip is very important.

I've been banging that drum for years. Especially in the fall when everyone is obsessed with Euro weekly temps and CFS and analogs.

You need precip for it to snow. Temps in Dec/Jan/Feb in the interior will be cold enough for excitement if there is a stormy pattern.

I've been banging that drum for years. Especially in the fall when everyone is obsessed with Euro weekly temps and CFS and analogs.

You need precip for it to snow. Temps in Dec/Jan/Feb in the interior will be cold enough for excitement if there is a stormy pattern.

I see no obsession with the above, rather an incorporation into many factors. Euro, helluva way to run a boring torch.

I thought my snow out here was from the old primary low that slowly decayed as the coastal popped and then it looked like a bit of an inverted trough over to the new coastal low set up. I got 5.5", but it wasn't one of the higher amounts. Quite few places got to around the 7" mark give or take. Not bad all things considered.

LOL, and how was that? The stuff in NNE was from a separate vortmax. It was alll mid level stuff, while the snow we got down here was from the low. Enjoy the warm up after this week.

NAO is now coming back to bite us as we potentially lose the PAC ridging

test8.gif

SE ridge and the cold shot in the short range has trended a lot more transient in the last several runs. This is probably the least promising 12z suite in several days, the country is a torch after day 4 except for NE which is near normal.

hopefully we can get a rabbit out of a hat-clipper, inverted trough or something...

Might get those flurries snowshowers tonight as the ball drops, hope so at least........light icing event across eastern new england in the heart of winter at day 8 is pretty boring lol.

Archived