Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking this morning what a potentially crazy winter this could possibly end up. Super strange stats............I made a joke to Scooter last spring, I said could I please have a +3 winter with normal to slight above normal snowfall..............thats a real possibility right now, and for the rest of southern new england.

For those that have euro access....it does literally have a front draped over us separating colder air north and mild air south. But, it's a little too close for comfort. Would be nice to get some high latitude blocking right now. Where is Sultan and his XXX AO.

Low level cold. Pressing with help of deep snowpack

Is this further out in time than the Jan 6-7 period threat we were talking about?

For those that have euro access....it does literally have a front draped over us separating colder air north and mild air south. But, it's a little too close for comfort. Would be nice to get some high latitude blocking right now. Where is Sultan and his XXX AO.

If we end up finally thawing here in a bad way for a couple days, followed by a reload...well that's pretty typical stuff for January. A more prolonged torch further south is their problem. :)

That always made for my best ice skating as a kid, melting the pond enough to get us a great surface and then the deep freeze moved back in.

Weenies love to hold onto that hope..lol. Maybe..but it could be ugly...that's all I'm saying.

I can't stand boring patterns...but I suppose its more fun to have it below normal for a while with snow pack than torching with bare ground. At least it will feel like winter for the time being.

I def could see a thaw coming sometime in the 2nd week of January, though there will def be some sort of boundary nearby. Hopefully it ends up just south of us but the ensembles look like we want to try and warm up for a few days.

I can't stand boring patterns...but I suppose its more fun to have it below normal for a while with snow pack than torching with bare ground. At least it will feel like winter for the time being.

I def could see a thaw coming sometime in the 2nd week of January, though there will def be some sort of boundary nearby. Hopefully it ends up just south of us but the ensembles look like we want to try and warm up for a few days.

Keep your eye on Jan 6 storm

would i rather have 4 outta 5 storms being rain in an active pattern, or be cold and dry. tuff call on the former i will travel north to the snow, the latter at least the snow isn't melting. but i have no use for mild and dry in january hopefully the LR acts like it did in late novie, and falls flat on its face.

Although torch December, it was very wet and look how we did with snow, especially the interior. Precip is very important.

18.5" at ORH for the month. 5th above avg snowfall December in the past 6 years. Only last year was a dud.

I'll gamble with 5" of qpf in the month any year. Looks like this December will be around +4.5 or so for temps.

Dude, it's a morgue all alround me. All of us here are sick, family sick...I even got asked to come into work on my paternity leave...people are dropping like flies.

been bad for all of us since mid October-we lucked out with a sick free zone b/w 12/15-12/25-but 12/26 delivered a fresh cold to all of us...brutal

Its amazing how one day of snow wipes out 3+ weeks of fire, its never about the temps, its always about the white...................always.

This is not a new phenomenon...everyone was hanging themselves in the first 3 weeks of Dec 2010 despite well below avg temps...because they weren't getting snow.

Archived