joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should use whatever method is available going forward given BOS lack of any real observer.

My friend at work used to be the "official" Logan observer. He lived in Eastie. He moved, so now they use the Winthrop poster as a total. I heard he's reliable, but his totals seem low right now. Sometimes I almost think my number is too low, but then I see Logan's..lol. That's gonna screw around with their climo. Back when my buddy was the observer in '10-'11....our totals were only off by about 2" which is pretty good for such a high number..pretty much margin of error stuff. He may have missed a couple of very minor trash can toppers.

I love the observers who were weenies and did their due diligence, there data is irreplaceable. They did not miss a beat.

http://www.northconwayweather.com/extremes_snow.htm

Great site Steve..thank you!

I found it interesting that among their low records for consecutive days with snow over was onto four great winters, 2010-11. I wonder if that's a typo?

SW CT FTL in that one. Kevin probably would have tied a few nooses too.

I wonder what my current location received? Notice the little red dot (30+) near me? I was in Ithaca and among the few times I was envious of the coast but a major factor in my choice between Chicago and Boston for op school...lol.

Above normal, but no torch on the GFS through Friday. Squeezes that southern stream low under with a trend toward the Euro idea of some wet snow over the interior, etc. It's pretty minor really.

I assume the real torch is  a few days next weekend.....before relief arrives.

There is no doubt the period from the 8th-11th has cooled significantly on the models from what they showed at Day 8 or 10...the problem though is the GFS is now showing signs of catching onto the idea that trof aint gonna be too quick coming to the East Coast, it takes 3 Great Lakers cutters before it finally gets here around the 16th-17th and that may even be too early.

There is no doubt the period from the 8th-11th has cooled significantly on the models from what they showed at Day 8 or 10...the problem though is the GFS is now showing signs of catching onto the idea that trof aint gonna be too quick coming to the East Coast, it takes 3 Great Lakers cutters before it finally gets here around the 16th-17th and that may even be too early.

This is why I personally would prefer to take all the medicine at once and get a huge torch that ultimately leads to a faster reload for us. The truth will likely be somewhere in the middle,

Archived