CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minimally readable. Still wintry with full snow cover will probably be gone by the end of the week but for the next few days it s here and I'm going to enjoy it. Euro scours the warmth out by d10 but the ensmebles are perhaps a day slower? Also, that is a sweet pattern in the long range on the euro/ens. It's one that can deliver tons of snow verbatim but of course we'll see as we get closer.

Why do so many people fear a mid winter torch? Winters without one are few and far between.

My guess for the zenith:

NYC: 62

Fairfield, ct: 57

Tolland: 52

BDL: 54

PVD: 52

ORH: 48

BOS: 54

MHT: 55

CON: 48

PWM: 46

LEW: 41

BTV: 38

Minimally readable. Still wintry with full snow cover will probably be gone by the end of the week but for the next few dqys it s here and I'm going to enjoy it. Euro scours the warmth out by d10 but the ensmebles are perhaps a day slower? Also, that is a sweet pattern in the long range on the euro/ens. It's one that can deliver tons of snow verbatim but of course we'll see as we get closer.

Why do so many people fear a mid winter torch? Winters without one are few and far between.

My guess for the zenith:

NYC: 62

Fairfield, ct: 57

Tolland: 52

BDL: 54

PVD: 52

ORH: 48

BOS: 54

MHT: 55

CON: 48

PWM: 46

LEW: 41

BTV: 38

57, toasty Jerry I don't think we see anything close to that here, unless its a due west wind, anything sw and I will be low 50s with a flow off the sound. TAN up into interior eastern mass should do very well on a sw direction.

Long range looks awesome, hopefully it comes to fruition.

It was pre cold front...who didn't see that? A lot of CNE will be flirting with teens by 5z tonight.

He does this regularly....its kind of silly. He did it back on New Years too...low temps were like 12F colder by midnight that night.

Yeah I don't get this obsession over anomalies ....positive or negative. Sensible wx in terms of snowfalls and the ability to enjoy winter recreation is what I care about.

Yep the risk of the any cutter is from like Friday onwards. I think it's going to take extreme luck to get through this pattern without at least one such event, but it happens most Januarys.

I'm not that bothered by the temps--it'll bruise but not break. It's the rain I'm concerned about.

And one more thing just to get it off my chest. I'be been feeling really guilty about the grammatical crqp I gave Will earlier this week. Will is one the truly astute mets/posters not only here but in all forums he posts to.

Back to wx: fropa not too long ago.

Unfortuantely, seems like the the colder air has a bit of a lag.  But, who cares--it's on it's way.

33.3/22

Let me openly apologize to Joe for my earlier comment. I am sorry

No excuse

Happy New Year

LOL oh come on Dave, the post made by me was certainly inflammatory and was just a jibe back at Steve who had thrown one my way lol.  I will be the target of hatred more than usual during this cool up.

Its fine, you did nothing lol.

And one more thing just to get it off my chest. I'be been feeling really guilty about the grammatical crqp I gave Will earlier this week. Will is one the truly astute mets/posters not only here but in all forums he posts to.

Back to wx: fropa not too long ago.

This piques my interest, what happened?

Too bad wachusett is such a mob scene on saturdays, would be a nice day to go skiing.  How is the snow looking for tommorow, just a dusting?

Try the Beast--much less crowded.  More vertical drop for whatever that's worth.

One nice thing about the strong winds we had daily is that footprints through the snow are refilled every night so it's like fresh snow every morning.

about snowfall averages so many missing incomplete reports across NE, it is hard to get real full actual data, lots of holes in between some long term coops. anyone have the link to the North Conway Coop guy who had long term records, he passed several years ago.

They average 81.8". You can find the data on the GYX NOWdata page.

Back to snowfall averages. We know tht BOS is low 40s but also the lowest average location within 20 miles probably. Someone in newton can chime in but I bet their average is mid 50s and they are very close to Boston. Heck, I bet the prudential center averages 4-5 more than BOS.

Back to snowfall averages. We know tht BOS is low 40s but also the lowest average location within 20 miles probably. Someone in newton can chime in but I bet their average is mid 50s and they are very close to Boston. Heck, I bet the prudential center averages 4-5 more than BOS.

Mid 50s is likely too high, but I bet Newton area in general may be like 48"-49" if Logan is 43."

Archived