• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

I was thinking that, too. My low will certainly be tonight with forecast in the teens. Not sure to what extent that will manifest before midnight. Will still average above normal today, but not nearly as bad as I would average so far

32.5F at 9:30     blech

Hopefully it does not get too much higher. Car shopping later today. Wife wants heated seats...wtf?!?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make it sound like it's an outdoor game.....

How so? It's a beautiful morning I know you have been outside mike!:) I mean it is what it is just a break but can't ignore temps were what close to 20 degrees above normal this morning at the pit? No model had that.

BOX still has highs of 41-42 for me for the late part of the week. I think several of those are 5-10 degrees too low

People keep citing their local zone forecast highs as evidence that it's not going to be all that warm. From what I've seen, NWS offices tend to skew toward climo in the longer range. You'll likely see those numbers tick upward as we get closer.

How so? It's a beautiful morning I know you have been outside mike!:) I mean it is what it is just a break but can't ignore temps were what close to 20 degrees above normal this morning at the pit? No model had that.

It was pre cold front...who didn't see that? A lot of CNE will be flirting with teens by 5z tonight.

Lol... I plan on removing what I can today...at least unplugging them. My inflatable Santa and Frosty got buried last weekend and I have not shovelled them out... they might stay there for a little while.

I had to be careful snowblowing our walkway last week because of the cords.  We have some stake lights that are like giant Christmas bulbs that are buried in the snow, they look very cool at night.

Ya, nothing better than snow around Christmas time!  Already up to 35.4... 

People keep citing their local zone forecast highs as evidence that it's not going to be all that warm. From what I've seen, NWS offices tend to skew toward climo in the longer range. You'll likely see those numbers tick upward as we get closer.

Yeah, I agree, they are skewed I think.

They had already added a degree or 2 to those days from a little while ago. No need for them to go balls to wall on this.

I see the same in the summer, but in reverse.

Man this forum is like a psych book sometimes. Yes it will be mild at times, yes snow will melt, yes it will turn colder and hopefully snowier after day 9 or 10. It is what it is. Maybe you can sneak a low underneath you, but what you lose in temps, you'll gain in rain. Pick your poison. Enjoy the cold shot Monday and hopefully a coating of snow tomorrow. Those in CNE and NNE may luck out.

32.5F at 9:30     blech

Hopefully it does not get too much higher. Car shopping later today. Wife wants heated seats...wtf?!?

Is the board being fixed to accommodate multi-quote, posting pictujres, bolding, etc? There are so many things I'd like to respond to!!

temps pretty muc steqady here as colder air encounters diurnal heating forces (that would be the sun--:) ). Fortuanltye, it's become mostly cloud for the last hour. 33.6/23

What car are you looking at? My wife just got a decent deal on a 2013 focus. She really likes it. It's not my cup of tea, but iit is nice to have heated seats. You should look for one with a heated steering wheel.

FWIW, we've gopt some weenie flakes coming down here at the Pit. So, all this torch talk, but remember it is still early January folks.

Is the board being fixed to accommodate multi-quote, posting pictujres, bolding, etc? There are so many things I'd like to respond to!!

temps pretty muc steqady here as colder air encounters diurnal heating forces (that would be the sun-- :) ). Fortuanltye, it's become mostly cloud for the last hour. 33.6/23

What car are you looking at? My wife just got a decent deal on a 2013 focus. She really likes it. It's not my cup of tea, but iit is nice to have heated seats. You should look for one with a heated steering wheel.

FWIW, we've gopt some weenie flakes coming down here at the Pit. So, all this torch talk, but remember it is still early January folks.

Some smaller SUVs - CR V, Escape, CX 5, one of the Kias...we garage our cars, so heated wheels are not that big a deal. Leather wrapped is fine enough.

33.4F so far. Warmest in a while, but hopefully the noon hour or before is the apex.  Sun is causing some dripping on our south side. Egads!

Well it's gonna be an above normal week and Joe will have a field day with his positive anomalies. But the sensible wx for us in the elevated areas is that we won't have any huge diminution of our snow pack for most of the week. Toward next weekend it gets much riskier in that final 2 to 3 day run up to the turn toward colder again.

Today is a great day for winter recreation..temps in the low/mid 30's Who cares if it's a big positive anomaly because of the overnight low...it won't affect my snow shoeing.

I was thinking that, too. My low will certainly be tonight with forecast in the teens. Not sure to what extent that will manifest before midnight. Will still average above normal today, but not nearly as bad as I would average so far

MPM has the best misspelled posts ever lol

The scary part is that today these are from my laptop and not my phone! When I'm using the dociking station in my office, they're a lot clearner. Of course, now I'm sitting in the family room typing mucho errors. My company's sending me a new work computer--it's smaller than this one so things will likely get worse when I'm not docked!

Well it's gonna be an above normal week and Joe will have a field day with his positive anomalies. But the sensible wx for us in the elevated areas is that we won't have any huge diminution of our snow pack for most of the week. Toward next weekend it gets much riskier in that final 2 to 3 day run up to the turn toward colder again.

Today is a great day for winter recreation..temps in the low/mid 30's Who cares if it's a big positive anomaly because of the overnight low...it won't affect my snow shoeing.

I'm not that bothered by the temps--it'll bruise but not break. It's the rain I'm concerned about.

temps pretty muc steqady here as colder air encounters diurnal heating forces (that would be the sun-- :) ). Fortuanltye, it's become mostly cloud for the last hour. 33.6/23

Hopefully they can fix spell check too :whistle:

1985%20AMC%20Eagle-02-03.jpg?m=132059325HubbDave - Take a good close look at the new Subaru Crosstrek.  I've had mine for just over a month now and love it!  I can't think of a more competent car in the category, it is so confidence inspiring in rotten road conditions it's amazing. 

Crosstrek is an interesting car. An updated (in a good way) AMC Eagle...lol

jk... I like Subarus, but if we get one it would prob be an Outback or Forester. The new Forester coming out seems a bit bigger. The Mazda dealer we use also has Subarus, so we might walk to that side for a bit

The scary part is that today these are from my laptop and not my phone! When I'm using the dociking station in my office, they're a lot clearner. Of course, now I'm sitting in the family room typing mucho errors. My company's sending me a new work computer--it's smaller than this one so things will likely get worse when I'm not docked!

Dociking station, clearner...lol

Diet cokes with Cap'n this morning?

Dociking station, clearner...lol

Diet cokes with Cap'n this morning?

LOL--unbelievable. Truth told, I actually am a good typist! The most valuable blow-off classes I took my last semester in high school.

How'd you get to attach the picture? I'm not gettin ghte optoin after I select what I want to post.

Temp-drop cancel. Back to 34.2 :(

LOL--unbelievable. Truth told, I actually am a good typist! The most valuable blow-off classes I took my last semester in high school.

How'd you get to attach the picture? I'm not gettin ghte optoin after I select what I want to post.

Temp-drop cancel. Back to 34.2 :(

And it continues...lol

I just copied and pasted that one

Archived