12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said based off the anomaly maps (at the 850 level), which show the highest 850 temp positive departures over SNE, I would assume and likely be correct that the actual anomaly of +75 that I calculated for NYC, would be the same for BOS and a lot of SNE.

Give me the average high and low for BOS for next week, and I can quickly calculate it.

wait you are really confusing me, are we talking surface temps off of text soundings or 850 temps converted to surface temps. Is 75-80 a weeks total, or 5 days? Is that average daily temp?

wait you are really confusing me, are we talking surface temps off of text soundings or 850 temps converted to surface temps. Is 75-80 a weeks total, or 5 days? Is that average daily temp?

Surface temp anomaly. +75 - +80 is an 8 day total based off the 12z euro.

Well again in the north where its cold that doesn't happen. Typically it snows its cold after a storm and we play in it and enjoy looking at it. Our snow doesn't turn slushy or black. We use salt not tar to clear the roads

Because when you get around by horse and buggy you don't need the roads very clean so you use salt. Who the hell uses tar to clean the roads?.

I wonder if E MA can get an inverted trough on Monday morning to produce some light snow. SREFs def hinted at that. Euro hinted at it too to lesser extent.

I'm surprised a bit at the lack of moisture on guidance. Usually doesn't take much to squeeze out some precip. I'm hoping this becomes better over the next few days

I'm surprised a bit at the lack of moisture on guidance. Usually doesn't take much to squeeze out some precip. I'm hoping this becomes better over the next few days

There have been a couple runs here and there that squeeze out decent precip. But overal, yeah they have been relatively dry. Yesterday's Euro had like a tenth on the Cape/South shore just for the inverted trough stuff.

Mon looks interesting for Ray to Phil for a wintry appeal day.

Yes, it almost has a BD front appeal...but more like from the due north. It could be the type of day where the high temps are at like 10-11am...esp this time of year when the sun is so weak.

Hopefully Phil gets something from that...it looked like OES might become favorable for the Cape for a few hours there.

apparently Ji's hood, his snow turns black he said.

I don't know what he is talking about, obviously on the main roads the snow turns black after a few days because so many cars are around. The side roads and neighborhoods stay perfectly white as long as it stays cold enough here. In the MA forum there were some numbers showing that even after the huge storms of 09-10 the longest snow cover we had of 1" was 17 days.

Archived