The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2torch
 transitive verb

Definition of TORCH

: A word used to incite fear and rage in cold and snow wennies...

Examples of TORCH

1. Forky told Kevin tolland was going to torch next week...
  2. Alot of people are mad because some mets said it would be a torch next week....

First Known Use of TORCH
2000...By litchfieldlibations on a weather board..

2torch transitive verb

Definition of TORCH

Examples of TORCH

• Forky told Kevin tolland was going to torch next week...
  • Alot of people are mad because some mets said it would be a torch next week....
First Known Use of TORCH

LOL I can envision the Fairfield Public Schools being closed on Thursday/Friday to protect their kids from the oppressive heat.

2torch  transitive verb
Definition of TORCH
Examples of TORCH
  1. Forky told Kevin tolland was going to torch next week...
  2. Alot of people are mad because some mets said it would be a torch next week....
First Known Use of TORCH

While your in the T's can you look up the definition of tickle?

Don't know why everyone is so depressed about upcoming pattern. yes it will be warmer but nothing like it was originally modeled in My area we may see hight around 40 maybe a few higher. for me that is not a torch! Just a break until we reload the cold for end of month and February. People need to relax and just watch the patterns evolve. of corse I still have a 12 inch snowpack I know folks to the south of me are bummed but you will get yours!

You will get higher than 40 at MHT.

You have been especially annoying the last couple of days

Stating facts is fine, but some of your stuff is pure douchiness

;)

Wrong. I was told yesterday by Steve there would be no positive departures. I then last night produced facts that in fact ORH bdl and BDR were all positive on the day. Bos and pvd were 0. I then got a smart Ass answer back about tarmacs cities and sw ct.

Happy new year

Saying goodbye to most of the snow around here today/tomorrow-granted we only have 2 inches or so, but it's held on well this week with the cold and cloudcover--clear skies and temps near 40 will do the dirty work-just piles by sunset tomorrow....already 35 here at 9am.

I haven't looked at a lot down there, but a max near 40F with dry air would give you some relatively low snow sfc temps. It may survive this last mini cool down until we start warming it up early next week.

Not knowing that temps will drop tonight and that lows for the day will be tonight not this morning tells you all you need to know.

I was thinking that, too. My low will certainly be tonight with forecast in the teens. Not sure to what extent that will manifest before midnight. Will still average above normal today, but not nearly as bad as I would average so far

At least my Christmas lights out in the yard won't be up until Spring now.  Quick thaw, remove Christmas lights and extention cords from lawn, then resume winter with heavy snow and cold.

Lol... I plan on removing what I can today...at least unplugging them. My inflatable Santa and Frosty got buried last weekend and I have not shovelled them out... they might stay there for a little while.

I had to be careful snowblowing our walkway last week because of the cords.  We have some stake lights that are like giant Christmas bulbs that are buried in the snow, they look very cool at night.

Archived