joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The First Week of Jan..Bitter cold,Balls drop as we ring in 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sort of wheat NNE had the first few weeks of Dec..pressed south over us..Should be cold enough for snow/mixed precip chances..Now that we have deep pack..and gradient/fronts are going to be forced south....I could see waves riding over Philly out thru Central Jersey or something like that.

We're in a good spot..The plains will torch..esp southern Plains

I think the snowpack has got to your head. It easily could be a disaster.

The temperature held in the low 20's all afternoon today. The wind blew the snow relentlessly, smacking me back in the face with it as I attempted to snow blow. Drifts three feet out there. Yeah it seemed like winter. :)

Amazing how cold today feels, just walked out to grab some wood and it feels bitter. Everything is relative of course, by the end of this week 33 will feel downright balmy amazing how we acclimate to temperatures so quickly.

man 18z gfs is so boring just aboulutley nothing going on just so boring! funny to see that low to the south that goes to the north then the cold just squashes is way to our south! first time we will have oo much cold air that hurts us! bummer may be things will change

I'm certain there isn't one person that posts here that has any clue what this means.

i mean what in the hell are you talking about here?

It's sort of wheat NNE had the first few weeks of Dec..pressed south over us..Should be cold enough for snow/mixed precip chances..Now that we have deep pack..and gradient/fronts are going to be forced south....I could see waves riding over Philly out thru Central Jersey or something like that.

We're in a good spot..The plains will torch..esp southern Plains

Sounds good! More frisbee in the sun for me

EC ensembles have ridging into AK and the ridging into Greenland. This helps force the PV SW, but also a -PNA so we have to fight that. However, that is a pretty good thermal gradient there...right over our fannies practically. That doesn't mean snow, but it could be interesting at times. I still don't like the look of it quite yet because it is too close for comfort. We really could use more Greenland ridging.

It sounds as if a negative NAO is starting to develop in the long range which the Euro OP runs also hinted at yesterday so that might fight an increasingly hostile Pacific mid-month. That might save us from a total torch until the large-scale blocking induced by the SSW takes hold. Especially if we have a poleward Aleutians ridge.

Archived