• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

Sitting at 7° right now. Have only been outside about 3 minutes today!

7 F in Madison as well, I wish I didn't have to trek through this garbage today. At least the walk home will be about 10 F warmer, but I'm guessing my face will go numb anyways.

The freeze line is all the way down in southern Tennessee this afternoon. Wish I was on the high plains of Colorado today, temps in the low 60s there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Michiganders are going to like the updated GRR discussion, particularly in my area!

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=grr&product=afd&issuedby=grr

Just ignore their last paragraph...don't know where they're pulling that from... :P

My point and click shows 12 more inches by Wed. night.  I would settle for half of that.  It is nice to see some white stuff on the ground again.  Good luck with the SW flow later in the week.

9° for the high today.

Wanted to share, some ice crystal formations that developed along mby channel for the sump pump water. Each time the water comes out you can see the water vapor "steam" and it crystallizes on the rocks.

If can pick up 10" of snow this next week they will be sitting at exactly normal Jan 26th, which is the halfway point of our snow season here. Its not likely, but with lake effect and storm POTENTIAL its certainly possible. Too much left of winter to go either way for me the 3rd week of January. If we were in 1978 we would probably think we were en route to a 100"+ winter in Detroit, only to have the snow shut off to just a few nickels and dimes the rest of the winter (just over 8" more from Jan 27th thru April). If it was 1900, we would think we would be lucky to see a 15" winter and we got 70". Moral of the story, whatever happens this week will merely tell me where we sit mid-winter, but still wont be confident on the end result.

Anything is possible, but with another dud storm to add to our pile from this winter it is now extremely unlikely we achieve our seasonal averages. February is statistically my snowiest month but realistically there's only 6 weeks left of reliability snowy climo before you get into the marginal spring buffer season by mid March. Even 30" the rest of the way, which is improbable, would still leave me short by a couple of inches.

Archived