• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

I'm loving seeing folks come home with healthy newborn newborns! Congrats M g!

I paid my dues with 4 kids and now that my 2 youngest are 8 I feel like I kinda have it made. Those early years are magical and all but man, they will take a toll on your brain. Luckily they pass really quick. 

Good advice: newborns love Baileys. LOL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, everyone!

As I work in HR in DC, I know this one pretty well.  The Fed Gov allows 12 weeks of FMLA for the birth of a child.  If the employer is in DC, they are required to offer up to 16 weeks.  This can be taken all at once, or it can be taken intermittently.  None-the-less, you get at least 12 weeks (unpaid).  FMLA does not offer any form of compensation, just protection for your position.  Let me know if you need anymore information, I could go on for days on this stuff. :axe:

As I work in HR in DC, I know this one pretty well. The Fed Gov allows 12 weeks of FMLA for the birth of a child. If the employer is in DC, they are required to offer up to 16 weeks. This can be taken all at once, or it can be taken intermittently. None-the-less, you get at least 12 weeks (unpaid). FMLA does not offer any form of compensation, just protection for your position. Let me know if you need anymore information, I could go on for days on this stuff. :axe:

Fantastic! You may have a PM at some point, just to pick your brain.

Wife had the baby early yesterday morning. No snowbaby, but we're thrilled. :D

Does anyone know a competent HR person working for the federal government? The head of HR at my wife's organization (a DoD org) is claiming she only gets six weeks for FMLA because she may need to use the additional time of the 12 FMLA weeks later in the year to take the baby to the doctor, etc. They obviously don't know the law, but how can you win that battle against an HR department?

Well congratulations on the new addition. Thats awesome to hear!!!! :thumbsup:

I have to use every fiber in my body not to explode on the people who post his crap.

I've lost my edge of late WRT this stuff.  I need to heckle it more now that winter is really over

lol, I thought the same thing. Maybe now that Matt is doing Facebook for weather he and JI will get the same kind of love.

I can't wait for Matt to make his first "first call" map

Archived