• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Christmas Special - Prelude to a high impact event?

Bob Chill

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not anymore obviously, but It was an approximation. DCA is at 41 and the vdot station just across the river was at 41. So I guessed that downtown was 42-43 ish.

I remember a few instances many years ago when DC was getting a few flakes while in the upper 40s. Not anything sticking of course - but flakes nonetheless.

That goes against conventional wisdom, but I don't live in DC so I'll take your word for it and know better next time. :)

Places that are higher up in DC than DCA often are a decent bit (relatively speaking) colder than the airport. Well documented if you go back in threads from past storms.

Places that are higher up in DC than DCA often are a decent bit (relatively speaking) colder than the airport. Well documented if you go back in threads from past storms.

I realise that almost everything is higher than the DCA ASOS. :D and places such as Chevy Chase or near the Naval observatory are actually 300+ feet but I was more referring to the mall area as I thought (wrongly) that UHI would counter any differences. Anyway. Sorry for tangent/digression. Continue with snow gazing activities.

Archived