• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Special - Prelude to a high impact event?

Bob Chill

By popular demand. Don't think I've ever started a storm thread. Maybe I'll bring some luck.

Early thoughts, gonna be very boderline / marginal with temps, rates, and totals but these little vorts have overperformed many times in the past. Let's will that little bugger south and have a white Christmas around here for once! Or even some mood flakes. I'm not picky anymore.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By popular demand. Don't think I've ever started a storm thread. Maybe I'll bring some luck.

Early thoughts, gonna be very boderline / marginal with temps, rates, and totals but these little vorts have overperformed many times in the past. Let's will that little bugger south and have a white Christmas around here for once! Or even some mood flakes. I'm not picky anymore.

Nam takes it north of Dc and has the area too warm for snow. Maybe you are the new Ji. These type vorts usually need to track south of us to do us any good in terms of snow. For mood flakes with this storm you might do better with a mirror.

Nam takes it north of Dc and has the area too warm for snow. Maybe you are the new Ji. These type vorts usually need to track south of us to do us any good in terms of snow. For mood flakes with this storm you might do better with a mirror.

LOL- oh you're killing me..

This thread is more for the benefit of keeping the big storm talk concise anyways.

We trust nam this far out?

anyone notice the Wunderground Euro snowfall maps had most of us getting an inch of snow on Christmas Eve?

It's not hard to believe, but I don't like the prospects. Euro is cooler of models and still has 540 to our N and only 850 to our S. It's possible, and we might see snow falling from the sky, but other than that not sure. This has wavered on a small scale like the chill storm.

It's not hard to believe, but I don't like the prospects. Euro is cooler of models and still has 540 to our N and only 850 to our S. It's possible, and we might see snow falling from the sky, but other than that not sure. This has wavered on a small scale like the chill storm.

If the vort goes north of us, I doubt we see snow at all. Plus I don't trust the euro clown maps as they would have already given us snow twice this year.

If the vort goes north of us, I doubt we see snow at all. Plus I don't trust the euro clown maps as they would have already given us snow twice this year.

Exactly Wes, the vort goes to our N and that doesn't appear to be trending in our favor. If it was a clipper in succession of an arctic front maybe, but not this. NAM almost acts like its a cutter.

Archived