• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Special - Prelude to a high impact event?

Bob Chill

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you at least agree that it's more likely than not that we see snow fall for a time? At least West of 95? It looks that way to me but it's awful close. I had fun walking the dog in the flurry last week. Such a sad state of affairs. Lol

I thought that is what I agreed with. The NAM suggests that DC would changeover but not out towards Frederick. Looks like the GFS is colder or faster looking at Matt's GFS sounding. At any rate, that's our best shot at conversational snow.

Well, since we're within 24 hrs... a bit of an observation. Clear skies are really radiating down the temps faster than modeled, the 18z NAM at this hour had the area ~40 degrees and its 32 at IAD/FDK/GAI and areas surrounding BWI. The low for the area by the NAM was ~32 but we're already at that in most areas. What I would do for a tethered balloon to see if it's just a steep inversion or some actual cooling. :D

Nam is cold....32 for IAD and west

Jason and I talked and are scurrying to get our a short piece saying now expect snow across the DC area except down where I live and that some of the western suburbs may see an inch or two. The sounding I looked at had surface temps around 33 or so but with a wet bulb of freezing out towards IAD and points west.

Nam is looking ok but the surface is prob too cool and its not like its cold to begin with. Surface flow is light throughout and mostly has an easterly component. Would be nicer to see more n - ne considering how marginal everything is. Someone should get a period of some nice looking rates even if stickage isn't there.

Nam is looking ok but the surface is prob too cool and its not like its cold to begin with. Surface flow is light throughout and mostly has an easterly component. Would be nicer to see more n - ne considering how marginal everything is. Someone should get a period of some nice looking rates even if stickage isn't there.

Heck you should see snow which is what you were hoping for....Ji and guys west of us may see their 1st inch. Maybe you see your first coating. I'll see my typical calvert county rain.

You're already at 28 degrees.. no need to chill

Jason and I talked and are scurrying to get our a short piece saying now expect snow across the DC area except down where I live and that some of the western suburbs may see an inch or two. The sounding I looked at had surface temps around 33 or so but with a wet bulb of freezing out towards IAD and points west.

nice....here is the NAM at IAD at 4pm when it should be snowing decently

post-66-0-61946400-1356318351_thumb.png

Heck you should see snow which is what you were hoping for....Ji and guys west of us may see their 1st inch. Maybe you see your first coating. I'll see my typical calvert county rain.

I like optimistic Wes! I'm confident enough to see some decent rates and flakes for sure. Major victory all things considered. But an inch of accum appears to be reserved for the west and parrs ridge crew.

I have a really good friend in Ches Beach who invited me over for lunch...and I took a pass because of flake probabilities...do I have issues?

I like optimistic Wes! I'm confident enough to see some decent rates and flakes for sure. Major victory all things considered. But an inch of accum appears to be reserved for the west and parrs ridge crew.

I have a really good friend in Ches Beach who invited me over for lunch...and I took a pass because of flake probabilities...do I have issues?

<34 and +SN will stick easily....not sure if we will get heavy snow...but even 1/2 mi snow should stick out west....

Archived