wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on which source I check I'm getting anywhere from 1-3" to 12+...gotta love storms like these for areas around the pike barely outside of 495 like me...going to be very, very close here...

Ya hard to really know what to expect. Every model map has a different snow total for S NH. I'll go for 2-12" lol

BOX should think about extending WSW south even if for only 4-8"...and I think they will...

They may need to do that for icing concerns anyway ... In fact, if folks read their discussion products since the overnight and into today they are clear that there are uncertainties with the current layout of watch information and why ...

I think this run is colder too. Slightly. I think it's definitely pointing towards the occlusion/triple point/whatever forming earlier. Look at the QPF mega max shifting subtly to the east with it. Real potential for a frozen surprise with this one in interior SNE. I don't think there's any doubt the models we trust the most are ticking ever so slightly colder with every run.

I make this comment as someone out of the game for snow on this one. It's kind of clear that the trend has been colder with a more eastward jump. Consequently the mega max QPF that was being spit out is shunted east with the warmer ML intrusion. Still an epic storm, but the 12z/0z comparisons are pretty easy to see.

Some real strong indications that it's going to jump out east of the cape? Wouldn't matter for me but Jerry and those guys...snow shovelaroosky

Good stuff.

Archived