Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean?

I just mean it isn't 100% frozen for you verbatim like you made it sound. Allan has 24hr maps and only 850mb temps so I'm not sure how much you can glean from that. 2m temps 12z Thu look a lot like the NAM to me with 32F running across S NH. Yeah, the hillier terrain in MA probably verify colder than progged, but that is a quite an E flow setting up in the low levels.

Looks like you get a good thump of snow through 6-9z and then the H85 0C flirts with you 12z Thu and then shoots well N of you. I can't see any warmer layers above that either. It's not like you're going to torch, but you may warm up into the 30s. A lot of your precip does fall as frozen though...just not all. It'll be interesting to see just how well the low level cold can hold.

I just mean it isn't 100% frozen for you verbatim like you made it sound. Allan has 24hr maps and only 850mb temps so I'm not sure how much you can glean from that. 2m temps 12z Thu look a lot like the NAM to me with 32F running across S NH. Yeah, the hillier terrain in MA probably verify colder than progged, but that is a quite an E flow setting up in the low levels.

Looks like you get a good thump of snow through 6-9z and then the H85 0C flirts with you 12z Thu and then shoots well N of you. I can't see any warmer layers above that either. It's not like you're going to torch, but you may warm up into the 30s. A lot of your precip does fall as frozen though...just not all. It'll be interesting to see just how well the low level cold can hold.

I know that Will always says Euro 2m temps tend to run a few tickles too warm upon verification. I believe that ice event last week was a good example. At any rate I'm excited for all of Sne

Thanks, chris. You know my worry is always qpf. Feared we were missing based on movement eSt. But I'm stuck on my phone so can't see stuff ftl.

Euro looks great for us "N of Rt 2" folks Mike.

I'm not even really worried about taint at this point. Maybe a few hours of mist mixed with pingers but by then the bulk of precip has thumped us.

Archived