joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM has blown the last three events. Only thing it has succeeded at is the WAA snow in VT last week.

No worries.

If it's this far off yet again inside of 30-42 hours...last 2 years we've been making excuses....be something NCEP has to address. It's not even on the same planet as the Euro now at 1.5 days.

It was just yesterday that it was forecasting regionwide 1-3/2-4" in SNE. The model has a serious over-amping bias. Toss it.

mike, I haven't been looking that closely at temps between 7-825 mb but if there is no warm taint, than u should get BOMB'D ...unless of course there is a mega death band that sets up to ur NW that leaves u in some subsidence screw zone :)

Thanks. That's great for someone who can't see anybhing (and hardly read anything) in his Phine to hear. Put that death and overhead please.:)

They look pretty torched...but someone the other day said certain members were skewing the mean.

There's some torch members, but the ptype algorithm only has an effect on the snow probs.

For the weenies concerned that I am worried about the NAM, I'm not yet. My last post was 2 different thoughts. I do think some are spiking a 12"+ a little early whether the NAM was cold or not. The NAM blowing was a separate thought.

Archived