joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping this low does indeed develop over Western Georgia! We need the rain.

It looks to be a headache as it heads up the east coast, though... Just what they don't need.

Well, at least the 0z and 6z give you and me some rain. The 12z, not so much. In fact Sav. gets it and we get left high and dry. Oh, well, I always like the 0z run the best of them all, lol. Got to 37.6 on one remote, and 40.3 on the other two. Hope we can find some cold again, with the maybe rain. I'm already bumping 70, when 50's would be preferable :) T

Looks like no freezing warning for Wilkes County this Fall...and some surrounding areas.

Have issued a frost advisory for all counties that still have an active

growing season...mainly along and east of the Blue Ridge. This may

be the last headline for frost or freeze this fall since clouds

will inhibit the cooling for Saturday night through Monday. The

growing season for all the counties in the frost advisory ends on

November 5th regardless of the occurrence of any frost or freeze.

The GFS essentially parks this next system off Hatteras for 30 hours. That would be nice if it were mid-winter smile.png

Euro shows a disturbing for the Sandy impact areas in its 12z solution and a stronger low. More in the way of a negatively titled trough with water again piling in to the same areas as last time.

Totally missed out on all the freezing weather opportunities with this air mass. Temps in every direction from me are in the 30's while I sit here with the wind blowing and 57.

Kind of bummed as I thought my first freeze was a sure bet.

Dawson, the way I looked at it was my 37 was colder than 80 % of the readings last winter, so I'm already ahead, as long as this isn't my last venture into the 30's, lol. And last nights low 40's here beat most nights last winter too, or at least I'm remembering it that way :) I'm still more interested in the rains. Even last winter there were two or three nights where we could have been snowed under were there a low in the gulf.... so I'm on a GoM low patrol this winter, and with blocking they'll track into Fla. where we want 'em. Tony

The GFS essentially parks this next system off Hatteras for 30 hours. That would be nice if it were mid-winter smile.png

Euro shows a disturbing for the Sandy impact areas in its 12z solution and a stronger low. More in the way of a negatively titled trough with water again piling in to the same areas as last time.

I've got the week off to hunt so I really need this one to get in and out without to much more rain here. The fields are a mess and you can't walk in them without sinking up to your ankles in thick mud.

Totally missed out on all the freezing weather opportunities with this air mass. Temps in every direction from me are in the 30's while I sit here with the wind blowing and 57.

Kind of bummed as I thought my first freeze was a sure bet.

32.9 was the lowest I could get down to with this airmass. I'm still looking for the first freeze of the season here.

I've got the week off to hunt so I really need this one to get in and out without to much more rain here. The fields are a mess and you can't walk in them without sinking up to your ankles in thick mud.

Opposite here. Dry dry dry. Walking to stand no mud at all. One area always has water standing in it. Its just damp. No measureable rain since early Oct

Oh my the S word is in the forecast again!!! lol

TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW

SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN

THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS

IN THE EVENING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.

Hey POWDERSTROKE put your plows and spreaders on it could get ugly around here..... laugh.pngmapsnow.gif

I went camping this weekend on Lake Eufaula and my goodness was it hot! After getting back to a computer, I found out we tied a record high Saturday of 86.... :( Oh well! I'm looking forward to this "chance" for a sprinkle or two tomorrow and much cooler temperatures! Well... That is before we warm back up again next weekend. :lol:

Gonna be a very chilly start to the day Tuesday morning up here in NE GA. Elevations above 3,000 ft in GA have a shot at seeing some flakes.

Robert agrees via his twitter feed and WxSouth posting. Im thinking some wet flakes will fall across Highlands and Cashiers area around the Southern Highlands after looking over the RAP and NAM. Nothing to get excited about but we all love to see snow fall, regardless of it sticking. Good luck to yall N GA folks!

Archived