• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

The house started vibrating at 12:09 p.m., and shook for 30 seconds. I became disoriented in my inner ear. No sound was associated with it. Went to the USGS immediately and learned that a 4.3 M quake had just occured in SE Kentucky. This make two quakes in three weeks here. Not good!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The house started vibrating at 12:09 p.m., and shook for 30 seconds. I became disoriented in my inner ear. No sound was associated with it. Went to the USGS immediately and learned that a 4.3 M quake had just occured in SE Kentucky. This make two quakes in three weeks here. Not good!

Wow! I was having lunch at a restaurant in Hickory at that time. I didn't notice it, but it's pretty amazing that you felt it and others apparently even as far away as SC!

The front coming in today actually looks a bit more energetic than past runs, over my house, but still not great. I hope the front hangs up and we get an inpulse running up it, and not just the little pool of back side drizzle Goofy is showing for late Wed.

I've got the Moles working on rain for CMan, and I'd like to see a good result for him, and me :) T

Wow early season brutal air mass on the way!!! laugh.png

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S. TEMPERATURE

FALLING INTO THE LOWER 50S IN THE AFTERNOON.

.SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 110 BELOW.

$$

0_o

The front coming in today actually looks a bit more energetic than past runs, over my house, but still not great. I hope the front hangs up and we get an inpulse running up it, and not just the little pool of back side drizzle Goofy is showing for late Wed.

I've got the Moles working on rain for CMan, and I'd like to see a good result for him, and me smile.png T

Sweet! Thanks, Tony!!! It worked! We've picked up almost 0.3", which is the most we've seen in one day since October 1st. Let's get a nice CAD in here Wednesday and Thursday and another bit of rain in here Saturday to make this a great week before Thanksgiving!

Sweet! Thanks, Tony!!! It worked! We've picked up almost 0.3", which is the most we've seen in one day since October 1st. Let's get a nice CAD in here Wednesday and Thursday and another bit of rain in here Saturday to make this a great week before Thanksgiving!

Great! I've got .4 and still some coming down. But I brought out the moles to get us a stalled front Wed., and an impulse running up it, so hopefully it ain't over yet, lol.

I have to say, though, this front actually outperformed my expectations for it from the models the last few days. The rain did split off, but left us the good part at the bottom, for once :) Tony

I've got somewhere around .5" in the bucket today. The wind is picking up pretty good now.

Yep, I'm up to .51, and still drizzling...which makes me think the front is hanging, or slowing way down. I was expecting a fast moving .1 of rain, and now, I'm hoping, and Mole chanting for a low to form along a front that won't leave :) T

Great! I've got .4 and still some coming down. But I brought out the moles to get us a stalled front Wed., and an impulse running up it, so hopefully it ain't over yet, lol.

I have to say, though, this front actually outperformed my expectations for it from the models the last few days. The rain did split off, but left us the good part at the bottom, for once smile.png Tony

We ended up with just under half an inch of rain! Nice! I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's looking nice and miserable and cold and drizzly... LOVE IT! I Some people in my viewing area aren't likely to see 50° tomorrow... I'm trying to give them a heads up. Whether they listen or not is up to them... haha!

Archived