12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.5 at 10:30. Might make freezing tonight. Almost didn't break the 40's last night...but it was a cool day. Felt good, after a long summer. As for rain, I'm not to enthused about chances of anything frozen this winter, until I see a wetter pattern. The south pole gets lots of snow compared to me...20 to 40 inches annually, but they are pretty cold all year, which maximazes the chances if something falls it will be frozen. Around here I freeze when something falls, to make sure I wasn't seeing things, lol. T

27.5 just before midnight. It's going to be a cold one tonight...

Teens in the morning? Probably not, but low 20s look quite likely.

I bottomed out at 22.1 IMBY this morning. Nice! This was the coldest morning since this past March 6. Only 8 mornings all of last winter were this cold or colder, and we're not even in met winter yet. The first time last year it reached a temp this cold IMBY was on December 11. I know some of you can do without the cold if there's no frozen precip, but for me this is already a sign that this winter is going to be better than last. (A totally unscientific sign, granted, but I'll choose to look on this event as a positive forbearing for the future.)

The cities only dropped to the 31/32 degree range but check out other locations in my viewing area!

post-1807-0-73891500-1353848747_thumb.jp

Fort Benning, which isn't on there, bottomed out at 24 this morning (their ASOS is in a valley and is usually much colder than Columbus just 15 miles north...). Hope everyone is enjoying the chilly weather as much as I am! biggrin.png

Archived