12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who got sleet yesterday. I was wondering if it could happen but the warm low level temps sort of kept me from thinking it would..even though mid levels were rather cold. But those heavier showers obviously helped out a lot to counter act that. Anywho, Heavy frost this morning, first frost of the season, and first freezing temps...low was 31. Low spots really were covered heavily in frost, thanks in part due to some ground fog during the evening..almost looked like snow it was so white. So good to get the first freeze and first frost.

That's cool!that's more than a lot of people saw last year around here.I would have ran out there and made a sleet angel.was 41 here this morning,and just rain

Yeah I was surprised but the precip rate came down at a 2.84" per hour rate which was heavy enough to overcome the warm boundary layer.

And with that sleet I now have a trace of winter precip for the season which matches my total from last year. LOL.

Also had lots and lots of frost this AM as my temp hit my first freeze of 31.9.

Yeah I was surprised but the precip rate came down at a 2.84" per hour rate which was heavy enough to overcome the warm boundary layer.

And with that sleet I now have a trace of winter precip for the season which matches my total from last year. LOL.

Also had lots and lots of frost this AM as my temp hit my first freeze of 31.9.

It's official, this winter can't be worse than last year for you already! LOL

Congrats to those who got sleet yesterday. I was wondering if it could happen but the warm low level temps sort of kept me from thinking it would..even though mid levels were rather cold. But those heavier showers obviously helped out a lot to counter act that. Anywho, Heavy frost this morning, first frost of the season, and first freezing temps...low was 31. Low spots really were covered heavily in frost, thanks in part due to some ground fog during the evening..almost looked like snow it was so white. So good to get the first freeze and first frost.

Congrats, Chris, on your first freeze of many, let's hope! I got to 35 on two sensors...best I could muster, but 2 degrees lower than my previous best. I've had several friends report seeing the sleet down here yesterday. That bodes well for being a better winter than the last one, as I don't remember seeing squat last year :) Loved reading Robert's thoughts about the winter. I'd sure love to see the pattern of the 1880's return before I'm too old to enjoy it, lol. From Larry's climo stats, that was the golden ring around here. Tony

We hit 34 last night and had a very heavy frost. So far we've had 2 freezes and 2 frosts already. I walked out of the back of work yesterday over some metal grates. I looked down and thought that it looked like sleet but figured I was crazy. It wasn't until I looked on here that I realized what it was.

Dropped down to 27° at KJNX this morning. I really haven't been paying attention to the numbers lately, since the ground holds its moisture so much longer now with the colder weather and lowering sun angle, but geez, it's been dry around here. We've only had .03" this month, and just .66" in the last 4 weeks!!

Archived