amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY. Greensboro (GSO) finally hit and went below freezing this morning, quite late relative to normal and the rest of North Carolina this season. Winston-Salem hit freezing first on November 7.

I think the new runway has definitely impacted GSO readings. I'm 4 miles away and have been below freezing about 5 nights this year. I was down to 26.2 this morning @ 7.

TW

It's amazing how much difference 40 miles and a bit of altitude makes. I'm partly cloudy to occasionally cloudy, balmy, and not much breeze, 2 1/2 hours later smile.png I'd like to see some of that drizzle, but Marietta always gets stuff I don't. Heaviest rain I ever saw was up there, in the 70's. I think it was over 5 inches in about half an hour, or less. Marietta was a lake. I was delivering the Gazette, and couldn't make my appointed rounds. Got in trouble for it because no one believed my rain/flood story, until the late news, lol. So....I'm not surprised you're getting rain. T

The front is passing through Columbus as we speak! We saw a wind gust up to 25 mph last hour and it's quite loud at times. Widespread upper 20s are forecast for all outlying locations around here Sunday morning, while the city will probably drop to 31ish. Heck, La Grange, our traditionally colder area could see 23/24... BRRRR!

Dsaur, get those moles working Tuesday so we can eek out a few drops.... biggrin.png

I know you guys know but it's been dry but.... only 0.37" has been gathered since Nov 1st here at the isopycnic abode. Last big rains were back 6 weeks ago in early October.

It hasn't even rained here this month or in October.

Freeze Warning for tonight with a low of 29. Last year the lowest was 23, but before that it was 29.

I know you guys know but it's been dry but.... only 0.37" has been gathered since Nov 1st here at the isopycnic abode. Last big rains were back 6 weeks ago in early October.

Yeah, only .25 here for the month. It doesn't increase my confidence that after several wet months we seem to be entering a dry period just as winter begins.

Archived