Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

From Brad facebook page:

Brad Panovich

The GFS model came in with more snow for the western Carolinas but not sold just yet. Waiting for some more support from the other guidance.

18389_403982159674246_1767052598_n.png

Robert agrees via his twitter feed and WxSouth posting. Im thinking some wet flakes will fall across Highlands and Cashiers area around the Southern Highlands after looking over the RAP and NAM. Nothing to get excited about but we all love to see snow fall, regardless of it sticking. Good luck to yall N GA folks!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, energy diving in is at least 6 hours quicker than the previous run, and that was through 24hrs, leading sw is a hair quicker to exit off the coast but not really enough to matter, again, a hair. 36hrs is ugly at h5, verbatim this run takes SN potential into N GA vs the upstate, sw NC, that's only through 36hrs though. Very large peace of energy coming down, changes afoot...

Yeah, energy diving in is at least 6 hours quicker than the previous run, and that was through 24hrs, leading sw is a hair quicker to exit off the coast but not really enough to matter, again, a hair. 36hrs is ugly at h5, verbatim this run takes SN potential into N GA vs the upstate, sw NC, that's only through 36hrs though. Very large peace of energy coming down, changes afoot...

You think that piece in Canada has thrown everything into a frenzy?

You think that piece in Canada has thrown everything into a frenzy?

Don't know, that's a mess of energy in south central Canada and the NAM pretty much brings it all sw in one form or another, several maximas in there, phase is a miss for the most part, but you can begin to see interaction much earlier this run, that H5 low it pops over central nc is evidence...

As I went out to hire and fire some politicians this morning It looked/felt like it could sleet/snow at any moment. Unfortunatly no cigar this go round. It's encouraging we have had this discussion already this early twice now. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Be sure to vote today, alot of folks paid a heavy price to give us this oppurtunity. So get off your glutus maximus and do the right thing!

Alot of reports coming in this morning of snow falling above 3000'. Driving into work this morning over Balsam Gap the rain to snow line was distinct with only a few hundred ft in elevation making the difference. Cataloochee is reporting 1" on the ground with more falling, Balsam Gap had a half inch on the ground.

Even Cashiers and Highlands are getting in on the fun this morning.

We picked up a whopping 0.18" of rain! That's the most rain we've picked up since October 1st and triples the total we saw October 15th. We've got a ton of cloud cover now, but they'll break apart some this afternoon as highs get into the upper 50s. Happy Election Day everyone!!!! It's almost over! :lol:

My house is piling up the rain this morning. Radar estimates are showing 2.5" + so I'm looking forward to checking the gauge this evening.

I wonder if some of that is snow melting..since wetbulb/freezing levels are pretty low, which of course means stronger and false returns. Plus radar from bhm and robins don't show nearly that much. But it seems like every radar is showing an underestimation of rainfall away from the radar site. I've picked up 0.40..yet gsp shows something less than 0.30 and so does ffc.

Anywho, almost forgot what rain looks like. Nice to have had a rainy night and a wet morning. Sure feels like winter though, even though temp is 43...which is several degrees lower than at 5am when I woke up. But with a northeast win and a rainy/cold morning...it's nice.

Archived