• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

You get any thunder? I thought I heard a few rumbles here in Wrentham. Can see blue sky now off to W.

Looks like line has yet to move through TAN/PVD and points SE.

Happy Birthday.. Hard to believe you're 40. Enjoy the day!!

yes we had 1 or 2 low rumbles of thunder..but it's mostly just a deluge, then the sun immed. comes out when it ends

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the weenies....first benchmark of the season has been reached. The first model run of the late summer season to bring the 540 line into the CONUS. Leave it to the weenie GFS hr 384.

Tis the season, Only another 4 months of 384 hr fantasy storms to go before we may actually be able to track one

For the weenies....first benchmark of the season has been reached. The first model run of the late summer season to bring the 540 line into the CONUS. Leave it to the weenie GFS hr 384.

The 850 0C line got into NNE last week on a random GFS 18z run I recall...but I cannot remember if the 540 line was as far south as it.

The 850 0C line got into NNE last week on a random GFS 18z run I recall...but I cannot remember if the 540 line was as far south as it.

It was sub 546...like maybe 542 or something. Always sort of funny, but refreshing to see. It means nothing obviously....but one of those weenie benchmarks I guess.

It was sub 546...like maybe 542 or something. Always sort of funny, but refreshing to see. It means nothing obviously....but one of those weenie benchmarks I guess.

Yeah we're probably about 2-3 weeks away from that real first chilly airmass...seems to happen in mid Sept a lot. Occasionally we get on in very late August, but not this year...though Sunday will be a bit chilly...but its more of a BDF and not that dry continental chilly airmass.

That dry chilly airmass is often when we see the first frosts in the elevated valleys.

Yeah we're probably about 2-3 weeks away from that real first chilly airmass...seems to happen in mid Sept a lot. Occasionally we get on in very late August, but not this year...though Sunday will be a bit chilly...but its more of a BDF and not that dry continental chilly airmass.

That dry chilly airmass is often when we see the first frosts in the elevated valleys.

Yep, I'm sure Pete already has the countdown in his forum.

I just hope Sept isn't endless summer with days and days of 80's. It looks like it might be based on guidance

Nah, once we pass Wednesday or so next week, trough comes in and it looks pleasant. Mild days and cool nights. Fri-Sat is the only real torch...Friday especially. Saturday not so much here in coastal areas I think.

Nah, once we pass Wednesday or so next week, trough comes in and it looks pleasant. Mild days and cool nights. Fri-Sat is the only real torch...Friday especially. Saturday not so much here in coastal areas I think.

It looks like some of that heat in the Plains wants to build back in here next week as Isaih shoots off to our south leaving us dry.

I could see 80-85/50 for much of next week, :axe:

sunny

summer keeps on chugging along!

Torched to 87 at BDR as we head towards another above normal month...

Wow--I had no idea it was so warm in SNE today.

Sitting at 70.1/62 at the Pit at the moment. Did get up to 78, but I was just looking at the area and saw mid-upper 80's in most of SNE.

GC, ftw.

It looks like some of that heat in the Plains wants to build back in here next week as Isaih shoots off to our south leaving us dry.

I could see 80-85/50 for much of next week, :axe:

It's possible low spots see low 80s or something...but some signs it cools a little more. Remember early September can still be warm.

Archived