Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that what he said? I was just in NNE...and I did not see anything close to patchy. I guess GC truly is magical.

There are only random stressed trees up here, Nothing that i would consider the foliage season, On another note, Apples are ripe early this year if you got any apples at all, Some orchards and folks say that have lost 50 % or more because of the very warm spring and early budding

Every year in August we hear all these claims of beautiful fall foliage. I'd love to see some real live pics of this. Mrg used to stop at some swamp to supposedly verify or he'd post pics from another autumn in Mid October and claim it was current. So let's see some pics

I'll post some.

I did see a few trees with the tips of the earliest trees getting a tiny bit of color...but nothing should be seen at this stage.

Is that what he said? I was just in NNE...and I did not see anything close to patchy. I guess GC truly is magical.

Sure things should be seen at this stage (and to answer your question, I never said 'widespread'). Coincidentally, we just had a roofer here specing some things out for us. He looked out at the view and commented how things happen so much earlier here in the hills than where he is in the valley (Deerfield).

Meanwhile, I did blast past 70* today. Got to 71.8 (!!) at 2:40. Now 69.9/49.

Yeah no real color to speak of here in the high elevations of the northern Greens. I love Pete but sometimes his enthusiasm for winter gets in the way of making a subjective observation. I've seen some beginning to turn (maybe one of every 40 trees isn't summer green anymore) but at 2-4K treeline you can see they are getting ready to turn with a slight gold tint above 3000ft.

However GC is special because according to Pete's observations, the Berkshires changed before the northern Greens for each of the last 3 falls. Why would this year be any different.

Dead on average today with a 0 departure, +8 yesterday, +2.4 for the month. OKX Upton NY has highs between 80-89 for the next 7 days, just stellar summer weather, great for anything and everything. Looking forward to my favorite month of the year, September!

Dead on average today with a 0 departure, +8 yesterday, +2.4 for the month. OKX Upton NY has highs between 80-89 for the next 7 days, just stellar summer weather, great for anything and everything. Looking forward to my favorite month of the year, September!

Hopefully this fall I can take a picture of it snowing on the mountain on the same day you post a picture from the beach...from two extremes in New England.

Enjoy the weather and heat down there.

Hopefully this fall I can take a picture of it snowing on the mountain on the same day you post a picture from the beach...from two extremes in New England.

Enjoy the weather and heat down there.

I was hoping for 80s in the north country this weeknd, looking more and more like mid 70s which is beautiful but a tad cool for the lake....perfect for golf.

Fantastic evening, charcoal is lit, doing some bbq chicken with some pesto pasta this evening perfect night on the deck. Just ordered two bushels of blue point oysters from Swanson's for the labor day weekend. Whats better than ice cold oysters and beer on a sunny warm labor day holiday?

Viva la summer!

I was hoping for 80s in the north country this weeknd, looking more and more like mid 70s which is beautiful but a tad cool for the lake....perfect for golf.

Last night was 42F and tonight should be similar... hopefully we can see a 40F swing from high to low as temps will be in the 80s tomorrow afternoon:

Tonight

Clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds around 10 mph until midnight...becoming light and variable.

Thursday

Sunny. Warmer with highs in the lower 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Yeah tomorrow and Friday look like 80-84F for highs but man the forecast has gotten colder this weekend..low to mid 70s by day and 40s by night:

Saturday

Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

Saturday Night and Sunday

Clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs in the mid 70s.

Archived