• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

I assure you, if Nov-March ended up minus 2 to 4, this place would have a zillion posts...no one would get sick about posting on the relentless cold.

If this coincided in the winter....it probably would. If it occurred in the summer...it would encourage posts of happiness since swass would be at a minimum. But it gets old after a while. I'm sure if this were a cold summer...the opposite posts would happen with people like Kevin and LL looking for any sign of heat around the corner.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternate for feedings. Scooter feeds at 9p, Wifey feeds at midnight, Scoot at 3a, Wifey at 6 ... at least you get a solid 5-6 hours per night. Not as bad as you might think.

Nah you need uninterrupted sleep..not 3 on 3 off..plus you don't go right back to sleep..He needs to go to bed at 8:00 when the baby does..and get a good 6-8 hours of sleep..and nights he doesn;t work he takes over the feedings..maybe even uses his breasts

LOL, possibly. I'll figure it out.

If this coincided in the winter....it probably would. If it occurred in the summer...it would encourage posts of happiness since swass would be at a minimum. But it gets old after a while. I'm sure if this were a cold summer...the opposite posts would happen with people like Kevin and LL looking for any sign of heat around the corner.

I'm close to the time of year where i want cold..Not quite yet..But come Sept 22..Blizz the cold mongerer returns

2009 was like that...it was brutal--just trying to find a sunny day was a stretch...awful

lol...how soon we forget. Most were sick of the cold Jun/Jul in 2009 on the forums. Much above normal mins are just so exciting too. Lows in the mid 60s every night...exhilirating!

Yeah that was just so wet too. I could deal with cooler temps...but who the heck wants constant rains/drizzle?

Let's just hope and pray the Euro is right about Cane Leslie day 10..otherwise sheer boredom for days and days...weeks and weeks

Euro did well with Isaac-only one into the Gulf up front. Dunno about Leslie-most of those seem to take the usual curve out to see and it seems like it will gain alot of latitude right off the bat....not enthused on my end...

Euro did well with Isaac-only one into the Gulf up front. Dunno about Leslie-most of those seem to take the usual curve out to see and it seems like it will gain alot of latitude right off the bat....not enthused on my end...

Euro sucked in the short term. I have more confidence in the GFS when it comes to tropicals..than the euro. Who cares if the d7 euro did well.

First few months are a breeze, BF and all, they cant move its easy...........months 4-12 suck.

???

that wasn't my experience. every month has been better than the last, sometimes trying but fully rewarding

Yeah we already talked about that. Still, I'm sure I'll be up at times with everything going on. I don't require a lot of sleep anyways, but I'm a bear sometimes when tired.

make naps part of your life, they really help.

Stunning day out here today.

I haven't looked at that much in the last month. Pretty good spike there. I wonder what that entails?

Yeah I agree as well regarding near normal. Doesn't look "cool" per se. The whole flow goes zonal near 50N and above and leaves a weak trough signal over the east.

I would think that well supports the ridging going up on the west coast through the next 2 weeks with whatever downstream troughing implications that end up happening. The + tendency spikes and neutral/weak +AAM periods have seemed to coincide well this summer with the "cooler" pattern breaks across the central/East.

I hear what you say regarding that zonal flow through canada/weak eastern trough signal as the western Canada ridge rolls over. I'm just wondering if we can get an impressive cool shot initially in response to that w. canada ridge going up, or if its just meh..

I wonder if last nights cool wx brought GC to peak color?

I've noticed some stuff moving quicker in the higher elevations even over the past couple days. Its amazing this time of year how quick it can happen... we'll go from almost full green on the mountain to past peak in the next 4 weeks (at least above 2,000-2,500ft).

The biggest noticable change this week is how the brush and ground cover is rapidly changing... maybe this has to do with the recent cold nights and cold air pooling near the ground in the lowest 3 feet, but the ground cover (weeds, brush, grasses) along the ski trails and in the woods is turning colors above 2,500ft and its fairly widespread at elevation.

As far as trees changing, its still like one or two trees per every 10 acres, haha. Its a sign of the fall season moving in, but no where near saying the leaves are changing. As you can see in the background of this picture, its still 95% green in northern VT mountains...

Archived