amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another shot I took this evening here at the Pit. Lots of stressed hills in GC. It will look a little out of place in tomorrow's forecasted 83* torch.

There's something wrong with those trees if it looks like the picture shows...that's not supposed to look like that at that south a latitude at the end of August.

I was in the icebox of NE VT the other day (they've had a couple nights in the 30s so far) and there was nothing remotely close to that picture...not even a fraction of that...and NE VT is always the earliest to change in this part of New England.

Gods Country (well at least the Massachusetts version of GC) is a special place that continues to defy the laws of nature ;)

There's something wrong with those trees if it looks like the picture shows...that's not supposed to look like that at that south a latitude at the end of August.

I was in the icebox of NE VT the other day (they've had a couple nights in the 30s so far) and there was nothing remotely close to that picture...not even a fraction of that...and NE VT is always the earliest to change in this part of New England.

Gods Country (well at least the Massachusetts version of GC) is a special place that continues to defy the laws of nature ;)

Thank you.

Temperatures this early in the season probably don't make that much of a difference. The trees are photosensitive as well so the sun angle has to decrease to a certain extent in order for the chlorophyll to die off and start the color change. Even if August was -2 instead of +2, you probably wouldn't see that many more trees changed despite a couple more nights having dipped into the 30s probably up there.

Unrelated, but did anyone else notice traffic today? Some of the worst I've ever seen.

Clearly, both the cars and drivers are stressed.

Local traffic-cam in GC today

storm-RYAN-15.jpg

LOL at all the GC snow pics--what a hoot.

You have to keep in mind that the lighting in that pic was a really low sun on trees with shaded trees in the foreground. So they appear a lot more golden with that.

Thank you, Will. I think I made that point in both the initial post with that as well as in two other posts since. Geesh

Archived