amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a steering flow prog of the euro and gfs. Basically the 06z GFS digs the trough deep enough to our west and builds the ridge far enough to the northeast of the storm so that it clips Cape Cod. The euro is less amplified with each so it instead pulls a Bill or even a little more east.

I have a steering flow prog of the euro and gfs. Basically the 06z GFS digs the trough deep enough to our west and builds the ridge far enough to the northeast of the storm so that it clips Cape Cod. The euro is less amplified with each so it instead pulls a Bill or even a little more east.

Not much to do at this time but watch the evolution of that.

How bout Leslie lol.

6z GFS is quite funny with a 60 hour stall then the sling shot to the Cape.

The 500mb pattern in the 72 hours prior to landfall actually looks good for a SNE landfall - if it was shifted about 300 miles west.

The question is can we build to that as time goes on?

1938, 1944, Carol, Donna, Gloria, Bob in white.

NHC 5 day Leslie forecast in black.

post-40-0-35301700-1346424678_thumb.png

The question is can we build to that as time goes on?

Well the entire storm needs to be well left of the NHC 5 day track. If it gets to where the NHC has it by day 5 without some substantial loop or SW drift it's curtains for a hurricane around here.

I posted about this on my blog this morning

http://ryanhanrahan.com/2012/08/31/hello-leslie/

Weak and west. Southwest too preferably.

Yes, The 11:00 am advisory is out and Leslie has not increased in strength so that's a good sign, Its track is somewhat similar to Isaac right now and if we can keep it south and west before the curve to the NW we may be able to get up to this lat

Rockland/ Orange County, NY.

Not only horrible traffic (F*cking yay for the 10th largest shopping mall in the country, and perpetually slow moving bridge traffic), but snow averages half of what I now get. Might as well move to the MA. Snowblower will be running my azz over for real if this move is made.

You'll do better here in Orange than Rockland but still less than what you're used to as you know.

Archived