• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

As you have seen from video, most living down in that parish were not wealthy people, and there are plenty of people that live near the sea, ocean, gulf etc etc that are not rolling in money.

Its sad no matter how you slice it, but as you said MONA always always wins

I don't mean people in NOLA. I'm referring to up here on the coast.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF..what is there a disease in those trees?

LOL. They have more green in them than meets the eye in the picture. But fall is descending on GC. It is indeed a magical place.

OT, these f'n cows are going to be the death of me. Or, at least they'll be the death of my apple trees. I've had to chase them off 5 times today. There's a field with foot tall grass growing in it. Do they eat that? No, they eat my lawn and destroy my apples trees. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH. That aspect of GC is not to magical.

spent three days in franconia notch last weekend...color showing up fast...surprised to see a lot of color driving around worcester...the season is starting early...

Shhhhhh--Kevin or Scott might hear you.

It's probably stress and lighting. The factors that cause leaves to turn are certainly not effecting them that substantially yet.

It's not stress, Scott. As I said with the post and response to Dave, lighting is enhancing and there is still a lot of green in that hill. But, you have to stop with the "it's can't be, it's too soon". It's a predictable as my qpf concerns. :)

I was just in NNE last weekend and other then some trees that have that hint of color tinge...nothing really notable yet. Of course I can show a few swamp maples locally that have distressed leaves, but I don't consider that "Fall" related and neither are the ones in GC. Especially with an above normal August.

I was just in NNE last weekend and other then some trees that have that hint of color tinge...nothing really notable yet. Of course I can show a few swamp maples locally that have distressed leaves, but I don't consider that "Fall" related and neither are the ones in GC. Especially with an above normal August.

Temperature and water are primary drivers of color brilliance and leaf drop, not so much the timing of the change.

They look green to me..It's just lighter green..Lol..if that's fall foliage then I guess we have a new definition of it

I posted a picture around October 9th last year of full foliage. I remember you saying "Dude, that's still half green". I had to point out that you that anything in there that was green was a pine tree. I think you need to get your eyes checked.

Its amazing that the exact same conversations and arguments arise each season year after year lol

Just think, Joe, in nine months, you'll be able to make your first post of it being the BSE.

Temperature and water are primary drivers of color brilliance and leaf drop, not so much the timing of the change.

Right, so I would not expect a "Fall" appearance to leaves. This is just the late summer look that some trees have....nothing due to you being 1000' in the Berks.

Its amazing that the exact same conversations and arguments arise each season year after year lol

I would have to check, but I think there was more (subjective) color around here last year at this time.

Really nothing to speak of. I would think it would be more so with the drought-like conditions earlier and warmer temps...

I don't really care.

I posted a picture around October 9th last year of full foliage. I remember you saying "Dude, that's still half green". I had to point out that you that anything in there that was green was a pine tree. I think you need to get your eyes checked.

Just think, Joe, in nine months, you'll be able to make your first post of it being the BSE.

lol

When it is all hot n stinky,

That's no time for dunkin dinky

When the frost is on the punkin'

That's the time for dinky dunkin'

Archived