Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodmorning Weenies!

AHHH the taste of met autumn is in the air, nothing says fall like 90 degree temps!! Thankfully we still have 3 weeks of official summer left and as we all know September might be the best month at the beach, behind the bbq or behind.........well never mind. Heck last October we were at the beach, and guys were catching big ole stripers off the sand, leaves were still green too, I remember the pic, Ginxy commented on it and MPM was horrified that we still had no leaves turning.

Short day, then off to pick up the oysters and chill them down! Make it the best day you have ever had!! Oh Clint:(

Sorry that you might be heading out of the area. Where would that have you going to?

Rockland/ Orange County, NY.

Not only horrible traffic (F*cking yay for the 10th largest shopping mall in the country, and perpetually slow moving bridge traffic), but snow averages half of what I now get. Might as well move to the MA. Snowblower will be running my azz over for real if this move is made.

Not only horrible traffic (F*cking yay for the 10th largest shopping mall in the country, and perpetually slow moving bridge traffic), but snow averages half of what I now get. Might as well move to the MA. Snowblower will be running my azz over for real if this move is made.

Well there are decent spots in those areas for snow, actually. Elevation is key if you can find something.

There are areas nearby that do okay.

Leslie.

It's coming.

So is my snow depth sensor. I have my Ping))) ultrasonic distance sensor up and running. Now I just need to find a spot outside for it and to protect it from the elements. The temp-compensated speed of sound equation will be easy to implement into my PERL program.

If only my IR temp probe didn't get fried in that lightning strike in May. I could have a nighttime cloud sensor, sleet/hail sensor, and snow depth sensor all running in time for winter.

So is my snow depth sensor. I have my Ping))) ultrasonic distance sensor up and running. Now I just need to find a spot outside for it and to protect it from the elements. The temp-compensated speed of sound equation will be easy to implement into my PERL program.

If only my IR temp probe didn't get fried in that lightning strike in May. I could have a nighttime cloud sensor, sleet/hail sensor, and snow depth sensor all running in time for winter.

Well lets get on that and get a new one up and running..

Nice. Let me know if you need any snow fence to protect it. I think we still have about 200 feet of it collecting dust in the garage.

Archived