• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

lol, we go through this every late summer, if you think we wont have hot days after today, well sweat at your own risk.............this stuff is priceless. Have a great holiday everyone, enjoy the sun and fun!

Its oyster time.

I never had my AC in to begin with...I wish I had it on occasion this summer, but I am sure I won't care the rest of the way now.

Hopefully you can get some more 85F days down there that you wish for. By mid-September, our average high here goes below 70F. Not concerned about needing the AC if we put up a +10 day or two...merely 80F won't do it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had my AC in to begin with...I wish I had it on occasion this summer, but I am sure I won't care the rest of the way now.

Hopefully you can get some more 85F days down there that you wish for. By mid-September, our average high here goes below 70F. Not concerned about needing the AC if we put up a +10 day or two...merely 80F won't do it.

The heat loses its potency this time of year as the sun angle retreats, however humidity is humidity and I am sure we will see some over the next 6 weeks. This summer was very tolerable, it was fantastic for me in the sense that almost every weekend was sunny and spent on the beach, things just broke right, above normal sure...........but very enjoyable there is no arguing that.

The heat loses its potency this time of year as the sun angle retreats, however humidity is humidity and I am sure we will see some over the next 6 weeks. This summer was very tolerable, it was fantastic for me in the sense that almost every weekend was sunny and spent on the beach, things just broke right, above normal sure...........but very enjoyable there is no arguing that.

agree there. We had almost 90% dry weekends going back to March 1st when the true torch began this year...Folks that run businesses dependent on nice weather have to be thrilled this year....and we end it the way we started it on Memorial day weekend with 3 winners to close it out.

I agree actually. For an above average summer...we actually were pretty comfortable most of the way...just a lot of days that were like +4 and +5....we didn't get any obnoxious strings of +15 or +16 type days with the one exception of the 3 day heat wave in June...which actually wasn't enough to bring the month above normal on the 4 BOX climo sites...July/August had no such strings like that despite being much warmer relative to climo than June was...there was one very hot day in July (7/18) and that was about it.

We didn't have hardly any ULLs with cooler rain this summer (maybe one in early June and a pseduo one in late July) which is what balances us out quite often.

Yep no AC here either...nights always cool off enough that window box fans are the way to go.

I'll admit that I wanted AC though during those afternoons in the June heat wave. But even during those low 90s in June we were cooling off by 40 degrees at night...like 91/50 high/low so window fans worked at night.

As far as the torch goes, by clmo (now 5-6 down from the summer max) I supposed the max will be but the heat has no teeth. Every morning including today has had a chill to it. Summer's over. Sure we could get renegade mid 90s for a few more weeks but probability wise it's quite low and pattern wise even lower. Got my eyes on the GOAK and my wife and nothing else.

Try to stay focused on the GOAK, After all these years she should understand

Agreed...it's widely accepted up here that this summer was the best in recent memory. Very little rain and long, sunny stretches with cool nights and warm/hot days. Plus the first half of summer was dry heat...amazing stuff where it's 85-88F but with 20% humidity.

I'd sign up for more summers like this.

I def used the AC this summer. The beginning of August was the usual high humidity (for SNE) crap that the AC really helps in.

I will probably call ahead when I leave work to tell my wife to crank it up for when I get home.

I lost all of my bookmarks here at work over the summer (they cleaned out the computers...grrrr)

88F in KFIT...looks like KHUB is around 82, depending on the station...

Maybe 1 last dip in the pool

Agreed...it's widely accepted up here that this summer was the best in recent memory. Very little rain and long, sunny stretches with cool nights and warm/hot days. Plus the first half of summer was dry heat...amazing stuff where it's 85-88F but with 20% humidity.

I'd sign up for more summers like this.

Yeah, July was awesome. One of the best in recent memory

The sun angle is definitely starting to get a bit more noticable. We are the equivalent of an early to mid-April sun angle now. You feel the warmth when you step outside (like I did for lunch near downtown crossing in BOS today), but like Jerry said, it has no teeth to it. You walk in the sun, and you don't get that extra blazing feel that you do earlier in summer once you step in the sun.

Archived