amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isaac rains miss us to south..We get a backdoor front to end the TORCH after next weekend which are always dry fropas..then where does the rain come from? There's no stalled fronts, no other TS...I don't see much rain..We need tonight/tomorrow to happen

That's different. Saying no rain for the next 2-3 weeks....I don't see evidence of that.

Man if we don't get some rain tonight/tomorrow things could get pretty serious around here heading into Sept..with the TORCH coming next weekend. Looks like a dry pattern overall the next 2-3 weeks. Lawns are really drying up..soil is dust..Please rain

Meh. Muted September torch temp-wise. Shortened length of day/lower sun angle much smaller 'burning" impact than what you'd get late-June through early-August.

Plus--I don't think you'll see things as dry as you fear. Not a wet pattern mind you, but we'll get enough. Coupled with the comments above, lawns will be fine.

Did you bring your young'un? It was a little nerve-racking for me with my 7-year old last weekend.

Just my 11 year old son. No way would my 5 year old make that hike, although we saw a few little kids and a guy one leg!

Had two here as well--probably the same dates.

Meanwhile, busted temps both days of the weekend here as I failed to hit 80 on either (79,78). Did eek out an 80 on Friday, though.

Meh. Muted September torch temp-wise. Shortened length of day/lower sun angle much smaller 'burning" impact than what you'd get late-June through early-August.

Plus--I don't think you'll see things as dry as you fear. Not a wet pattern mind you, but we'll get enough. Coupled with the comments above, lawns will be fine.

Widespread 90's Sat/SUN

Beautiful this morning. Should have some more great mornings later this week.

Indeed it is. Snapped this at sunrise today. Liked the single strand of fog/mist.

Meanwhile, having daily flocks of geese stopping at the beaver pond as they have suddenly begun to congragate. They know BSE is about to become BSW (best summer was). Lots and lots of stressed trees out here in GC as colors are changing daily as each one's stress begins to show.

Widespread 90's Sat/SUN

Not going to happen in any wide-spread manner.

I was surprised to see how little lawns had grown over 13 days, was expecting the worst yesterday afternoon, but nothing even remotely close. Things are drying out. What an incredible labor day weekend incoming!!!

The Endless Summer

Mine's a jungle. You can tackle it if you want to hone your landscaping skills.

Glorious AM. Low of 50F in the bogs. PVD managed to pull out a -1F yesterday, +1.4F on the month. Not too bad. Looks like a typical late summer week ahead with highs in the upper 70's and low 80's before we touch possibly 90F on Saturday. Will have to watch the evolution of Isaacs remnants and any interaction with the trough tha'ts modeled to be there.

Caribou hit 90 today. Presque Isle.hit 89

Listening to acorns falling here.

Did you bring your young'un? It was a little nerve-racking for me with my 7-year old last weekend.

Had two here as well--probably the same dates.

Meanwhile, busted temps both days of the weekend here as I failed to hit 80 on either (79,78). Did eek out an 80 on Friday, though.

Been a warm summer but no record heat here, July was a dry month, We could use more rain though

SAT still looks warm. +20C 850s. Maybe not 90's but 80's for sure.

Does not look like a washout by any stretch for the weekend per the 12z GFS. Sporadic showers. The NAO possibly trending negative per CPC, this weekend, may spare us a deluge from Isaac. System may get squeezed out underneath us.

hvy storm just roll'd thru peru/savoy area

on a side note, a girl i have known for a lil while, i just found out she grew up in CHESTERfield , ma lol i bet her parents know pete, i mean there's only like 20 people in town ha

and she lives (or lived) at 1280' or so (not bad)

not sure what it was like there, but it's about to drop rain here at the Pit. Only 30-40 dbz according to wunderground radar. At least it'll keep Kevin's lawn-scorching torch at bay a bit. :)

Archived