e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like highs in the 70s and lows down in the 40s for the next several days... perfect late summer weather.

Today: Cloudy this morning...then becoming partly sunny. A slight chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight: Clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Less humid with lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Wednesday: Patchy dense fog in the morning. Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday Night: Clear. Patchy dense fog. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday: Sunny. Patchy dense fog. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

Looks like highs in the 70s and lows down in the 40s for the next several days... perfect late summer weather.

Today: Cloudy this morning...then becoming partly sunny. A slight chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight: Clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Less humid with lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Wednesday: Patchy dense fog in the morning. Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday Night: Clear. Patchy dense fog. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday: Sunny. Patchy dense fog. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

and upper 70s to low 80s for Labor Day weknd, perfect for the last weknd of summer

Showers this morning that have so far added up to .12..Sunny afternoon and then 7 days of bone dry conditions and a 2-3 day torch thrown in.. Sounds somewhat dire to me

I don't want to feed the hype machine (Coastalwx is doing a good job of fighting it back), but I hope these long-ish dry stretches start to come to an end. Winter's going to be real fun if we are going 7 day stretches, then getting a weak QPF event, and then going on another 7 day dry stretch like we've had going pretty much since last November, lol.

Scooter is always here and hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe I'm just dumb enough to fall into your traps of weenie banter....or it's the fooking hype from this storm.

I'm sure you've noticed..but a lot of the good, knowledgable, and fun posters have been posting much less the last month or so. It's not coincidence

Anyway..Can't wit for September to be over

People aren't thrilled with what things have turned into here.

It's because there really has been no weather for a month. What are you gonna do when it's this boring? And no, I don't completely disagree with the dry talk. If this is more of a fropa next week and the dynamics are north...then yeah it will be dry. I think there is a chance of something a little more though so we'll see.

I don't want to feed the hype machine (Coastalwx is doing a good job of fighting it back), but I hope these long-ish dry stretches start to come to an end. Winter's going to be real fun if we are going 7 day stretches, then getting a weak QPF event, and then going on another 7 day dry stretch like we've had going pretty much since last November, lol.

Dry begets dry? The pattern is what it is and hopefully we see signals for a regime change soon.

Meanwhile .50" of much needed rain since last night. Poured from 6:30 - 7:30am.

So last night I met up with Will for a few hours after he got out of work in the city. Of course we talked snow for a while, but some guy drinking his beer was like "what are you meteorologists or something..?" LOL.

You should have borrowed Tip's Trust me I'm a meteorologist shirt that way the guy wouldn't have had to ask.

Archived