• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This spot is a severe weather magnet the june 1st tornado missed here by a 10th of a mile 8 huge oak trees were uprooted at the entrance of shea field

I sure agree with those shots! I was on Memorial Ave 1/2 mile from Liberty St. when this hit, had torrential rain and only like 15mph. Its downhill however from that spot. I grew up on North St 2 blocks from there.

You can see the hot ZDR values just south of the New Hampton label. This is collocated with the highest velocity (which you would expect today with the lack of shear). I added spectrum width to show you the turbulence on the leading edge of the wind signature. Reflectivity also looks to be bowed somewhat.

You can see the hot ZDR values just south of the New Hampton label. This is collocated with the highest velocity (which you would expect today with the lack of shear). I added spectrum width to show you the turbulence on the leading edge of the wind signature. Reflectivity also looks to be bowed somewhat.

Figures I'm not there when they get nailed.

Reflectivity shot of the Feeding Hills microburst taken maybe a minute after the shots earlier:

Slight weakening in the echo just north of the center of the burst. You can actually see Liberty St. on the edge of the front flank as the heavier precip pivots around.

This was entirely embedded and not as clear on the reflectivity as it sometimes is. Classic vertically collapsing core I'd say.

Reflectivity shot of the Feeding Hills microburst taken maybe a minute after the shots earlier:

Slight weakening in the echo just north of the center of the burst. You can actually see Liberty St. on the edge of the front flank as the heavier precip pivots around.

This was heavily embedded and not as clear on the reflectivity as it sometimes is. Classic vertically collapsing core I'd say.

Really cool shots. On a side note, HFD cell looks good right now.

But not for you or me. Rt 2 corridor getting shut out today.

Surreal humidity here right now. 10 minute dog walk and i am soaked with sweat.

possibly, but I am curious to see if Gardner got hit with much. My m.i.l. lives there and is coing over for dinner.

I did get a quick swim in before the first "storm" came through

Thunder now

Archived