• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just off the wire: "Suffield FD confirms that they had a transformer blown and wires down that is the reason for power outages. FD stated that CL&P are on scene. He does not know when power will be back up though"

Power outages:

Ellington - 1318

South Windsor - 1542

Suffield - 2470

Storm-related?

3 velocity shots of Feeding Hills... These are 20 seconds apart, so represent 1 minute total

Velocities change direction and get up close to 30 m/s or ~67 MPH. Very impressive. The beam is a couple kilometers off the ground down there, so obviously the ground would be less, but also this is radial velocity, so it's only measuring one component and in that respect is likely an underestimate.

(edit, the next shot looks more like the first, so the duration was about a minute)

3 velocity shots of Feeding Hills... These are 20 seconds apart, so represent 1 minute total

Velocities change direction and get up close to 30 m/s or ~67 MPH. Very impressive. The beam is a couple kilometers off the ground down there, so obviously the ground would be less, but also this is radial velocity, so it's only measuring one component and in that respect is likely an underestimate.

Do you have anything like that for the CT storm?

These clusters or rounds is what I was talking about with Ginx fetish flooding. They may be moving too fast but if they train...the signal may be needed.

Guess the heat wave does end with rain. I am impressed by Radar mans velocity data, good stuff. Those who weenied ineedsnow should apologize immediately.

(edit, the next shot looks more like the first, so the duration was about a minute)

I sure agree with those shots! I was on Memorial Ave 1/2 mile from Liberty St. when this hit, had torrential rain and only like 15mph. Its downhill however from that spot. I grew up on North St 2 blocks from there.

Archived