• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

Well not exactly referring to that line per se, but heavy rains will be an issue. Precip loading with increased low level jet will aid in gusty winds in stronger cells later on.

The steep low-level lapse rates from strong heating should help as well. Winds all day have been gusting fairly good...probably up to 15-20 mph at times so I would think in any stronger convection we certainly could see some gusts upwards of 50 mph or so but that all depends on how strong convection can become.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's rare when Scooter is meh and Ryan gung ho on storms so something will give

I think you are wording each too strong...lol. I'm a little unsure on how it plays out.....is more like it. There are both pros and cons. I could see some heavy rains if we can get a cluster or some training.

I think you are wording each too strong...lol. I'm a little unsure on how it plays out.....is more like it. There are both pros and cons. I could see some heavy rains if we can get a cluster or some training.

Ryan mentioning isolated tors and strong winds and you mentioning ISolated storms with maybe just Hvy rain and a rare wet micro

That complex in PA is what I would watch, if anything were to develop I guess.

As of now that action is right on the nose of the stronger MLJ. I guess one of the questions we pose as we go through the afternoon/evening is how quickly does that trough weaken and how quickly do those wind fields begin to weaken?

If that activity can stay right along the nose of the MLJ as it advances eastward it should remain in tact, especially once that s/w pivots even closer and we start increasing the UL dynamics and divergence.

Archived