• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

We had one at camp this year where a huge spark came out of the wood stove. Cloud to Cloud is cool, keep the C to G.

It's a love/hate relationship. Those storms we had 2 weeks ago, blew a hole in the garage of my Uncle's house as the family tried to get into the house about 20 ft away. They probably are very lucky.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happened seconds after there was another close strike. I was just looking at the direction the bolt hit and I could see it clear as daylight followed by a massive orange glow and the loudest bang ever. I'm still shaking :lol:

Maybe now you will respect and take with caution.

30-50 feet is as close as I've come Hit the gas substation directly across the street. Blue-white flash instantanous crackling, boooooom and shake.

Yup shaking is good... :lightning: Close enough!

It's a love/hate relationship. Those storms we had 2 weeks ago, blew a hole in the garage of my Uncle's house as the family tried to get into the house about 20 ft away. They probably are very lucky.

Wow, TBs foundation had a fist size chunk blown out of it last year. Powerful stuff.

Scooter is round 3 tonight for pretty much all of Sne?

I have a feeling we may see a 7/10 split in parts of SNE. There is a decent s/w moving through which is good to try and get nighttime stuff going, but you obviously lose instability. Dynamics do improve and with a juicy atmosphere..there is the chance of tstms. CT may get it again, but also..the south coast may even see action. I'm sure of there is a split...I'll be in the hole..lol. I think best chance is near 00z through 06z or so.

Getting heavy rain and gusty winds where I'm at now...

In Wilimington, DE, visiting my sister and family. NICE squall line as seen on KDIX radar, and looked like a bow was heading our way. Second round now. Been gusty here all day, and had a blackout earlier this afternoon long before this line.

Warnings out through E PA/N DE now.

Just an FYI...

--Turtle (on vacation...)

Archived