• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting

THE NEW YORK CITY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE HAS BEEN RECEIVING

MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS OF A POSSIBLE TORNADO IN CHAPPAQUA, NY. THERE

WERE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN AND GUSTY

WINDS...POSSIBLY UP TO 40 MPH...THIS EVENING. HOWEVER...AS OF THIS

TIME...WE HAVE RECEIVED NO REPORTS OF DAMAGE AND THERE WAS NO

INDICATION ON RADAR THAT A TORNADO WAS POSSIBLE.

isolated microburst? I dont know how there wouldnt be any damage though

Interesting

THE NEW YORK CITY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE HAS BEEN RECEIVING

MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS OF A POSSIBLE TORNADO IN CHAPPAQUA, NY. THERE

WERE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN AND GUSTY

WINDS...POSSIBLY UP TO 40 MPH...THIS EVENING. HOWEVER...AS OF THIS

TIME...WE HAVE RECEIVED NO REPORTS OF DAMAGE AND THERE WAS NO

INDICATION ON RADAR THAT A TORNADO WAS POSSIBLE.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Severe is overrated, give me a long duration snowstorm or a Windex event anyday. What good is damage. I love severe storms do not get me wrong but I actually hope storms weaken when they approach me. Stratiform rain works just fine or even cloud to cloud lightning with booming thunder with some gusty winds like tonight.

Severe is overrated, give me a long duration snowstorm or a Windex event anyday. What good is damage. I love severe storms do not get me wrong but I actually hope storms weaken when they approach me. Stratiform rain works just fine or even cloud to cloud lightning with booming thunder with some gusty winds like tonight.

I don't know....there is a pretty strong rush that you get in true severe wx. I don't want any damage to my property..yet I still want to witness it. Love/hate relationship. The August 2000 supercell is probably one of the biggest rushes I ever had. I actually woke up to the flickering of lightning, and the wx radio went off for a tornado warning in Plymouth county. The worst actually was just south of me, but man the rain, wind, and flickering made it feel like Kansas. That was insane.

A second line has formed in NJ and has gone severe. It was a pretty active day down here, especially with the news from the Poconos. The isolated tornado idea seemed to work out with what occurred in NY and OH.

I don't know....there is a pretty strong rush that you get in true severe wx. I don't want any damage to my property..yet I still want to witness it. Love/hate relationship. The August 2000 supercell is probably one of the biggest rushes I ever had. I actually woke up to the flickering of lightning, and the wx radio went off for a tornado warning in Plymouth county. The worst actually was just south of me, but man the rain, wind, and flickering made it feel like Kansas. That was insane.

:weenie:

One thing that's a downer here for severe wx at least for me is that I live in a forest. Can't see it, and if severe actually hits, it can be more damaging and dangerous. Watching storms in other areas I've been, like FL, IL, or driving up 80 in the Plains etc is definitely enhanced by having an unobstructed view on top of having more frequent events.

Archived