joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Warm to cool to ? - May Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sun is out, muggy, and just shy of a quarter inch of rain since midnight. Grass is going to be baled as hay at this rate with the way it is growing. ugh

Dew Point sitting as a nice 66 right now. The mushroom population has exploded in my front yard with all this moisture and warm overnights. I now count three different varieties of fungus :lol:

Dew Point sitting as a nice 66 right now. The mushroom population has exploded in my front yard with all this moisture and warm overnights. I now count three different varieties of fungus :lol:

shroom party at your house this weekend. WOOT!!!! LOL

Havent found any mushrooms here but the damn dog wont piss in the yard, she nows pees on the deck so Im constantly washing it off :axe:

Havent found any mushrooms here but the damn dog wont piss in the yard, she nows pees on the deck so Im constantly washing it off :axe:

Haha... I should pick them for E's birthday!

Good thing you upgraded to the composite decking! That would be a pain to clean off of pressurized treated wood.

Not only are the shrooms growing, the yard is actually molding now

Haha... I should pick them for E's birthday!

Good thing you upgraded to the composite decking! That would be a pain to clean off of pressurized treated wood.

Not only are the shrooms growing, the yard is actually molding now

http://www.americanw...56#entry1559356

Yeah no kidding. As for the grass, I ve seen that before, it is called slime mold. It wont hurt the grass but it isnt pretty to look at. After today it should go away pretty quick with the hot dry sunny wx upcoming.

This. Not a thing in Cockeysville either - heard thunder during the evening but the storms all missed me.

I didn't eve hear thunder. I went fishing on the Potomac and never felt threatened by rain or lightning and left at about 3PM. NO rain on the trip from Smallwood park which is near La Plata to the very northern end of Calvert County. It was the second day of having huge Pops and not getting a drop. Upper lows west of the mountains can be great for those west of the city but for us easterners, we usually get screwed.

Glad I'm not the only one with shrooms growing. Mine are popping up in the front mulch bed. They are tallish, thin and gray in color.

I didn't eve hear thunder. I went fishing on the Potomac and never felt threatened by rain or lightning and left at about 3PM. NO rain on the trip from Smallwood park which is near La Plata to the very northern end of Calvert County. It was the second day of having huge Pops and not getting a drop. Upper lows west of the mountains can be great for those west of the city but for us easterners, we usually get screwed.

Watching radar last couple of days made me wonder is the relatively cool waters and east flow on the chesapeake kept a lid on convection in AA, Calvert, St Mary's, etc. The eastern shore had a good cluster of cells that basically hit a wall as they moved east towards the bay. It looked like most of the cells popping yesterday pretty much originated along and west of 95.

I'm sure the location of the ul low had plenty of influence but it still appeared to me that the marine influence of the bay played a role as well.

Agreed. Typical Frederick split though. Looks like we'll get a couple light showers but main stuff to our east went North and the MoCo stuff went South. The third option is they dissipate before arriving.

We get thumbs up for consistency!

Starting to get very humid out today. I am doing Kindergarten Tye Die day and it is a bit toasty.

If we (Prince William Cty) miss out, that will be fine with everyone here. I've had about 5" since Sunday evening and others just a few miles to my west and north have had around 8". Spread the wealth, I say. Looks like steering flow will likely keep storms moving just a bit more today/tonight and not be as stationary as the last 3 nights of repeated performances.

Cloudy and a bit cooler in western Fairfax. Winds are picking up, too.

skies dark to my east towards your neck of the woods. That line moving NNE in southern Prince William county holds together we can get more rain later on this evening. i will take one more dose than let it dry out. Grass is out of control

skies dark to my east towards your neck of the woods. That line moving NNE in southern Prince William county holds together we can get more rain later on this evening. i will take one more dose than let it dry out. Grass is out of control

At least the grass doesn't grow back in 15 minutes like the freaking mushrooms do.

Archived