joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Warm to cool to ? - May Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Catoctins got me again last night. Purcellville was hammered and we got not much here but a rumble of thunder some flashes and a little more than third of an inch

Actually Tradewinds was right. I thought the storm would hold but it looked to split to the East, the worst part anyways. We did get lightning and a few rumbles then a downpour for about 5 min though.

Actually Tradewinds was right. I thought the storm would hold but it looked to split to the East, the worst part anyways. We did get lightning and a few rumbles then a downpour for about 5 min though.

I registered 0.18" in my gauge compared to Hagerstown's 1.5" just 22 miles away. If today's storms are formed by the higher terrain, we'll get light amounts again. Still better than nothing. With ample rain and heat, my yard and plants are already like a jungle.

The Germantown/Gaithersburg area seems to be getting pounded. Sun is gone now in Ballenger Creek and lots of dark clouds to my South with even a couple rumbles of thunder. Radar pretty benign around here and no rain yet. Hagerstown looks to get it again soon. They've been hit hard with rain for a few days now I believe.

Archived